Public Service Commission’s rightly find a place of pride in the Indian Constitution. Articles 16, 234, 315 to 323 deal with various functions and powers of the Public Service Commissions. The working of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is also regulated by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Regulation, 1954 and the TNPSC Rules of Procedure.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is an independent body of the Government of TamilNadu that is responsible for conducting examinations for appointments to the various services of the TamilNadu State. It operates under Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the constitution of India.
TNPSC is responsible for appointments to and examinations for Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D of Tamilnadu state services.
TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examinations-I(Group – I Services)
TNPSC Group I Exam is a state-wide competitive examination in Tamilnadu conducted by TNPSC for recruitment to various Group A services of the Government of Tamilnadu, the following posts included in CCS-I Examination(Group I Services)
- Deputy Collector – Tamil Nadu civil service
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)-Tamil Nadu Police Service.
- Assistant Director, Rural Development
- Assistant Commissioner – Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service
- District Registrar – Tamil Nadu Registration Service
- Deputy Registrar, Cooperative Department
- District Employment Officer- Tamil Nadu General Service
- District Officer (Fire and Rescue Service)- Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Service
TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examinations-II (Group – II Services (Interview post)
Direct Recruitment to the posts included in combined Civil Services Examination-II (Group – II)
- Industrial Co-operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department.
- Probation Officer in Social Defence Department.
- Municipal Commissioner Grade-II
- Sub-Registrar, Grade-II
- Assistant Inspector of Labour.
- Deputy Commercial Tax Offier (DCTO)
- Junior employment Officer.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Special Assistant in the vigilance and Anti corruption Department.
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department in Secretariat
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat
- Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Handloom inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department.
- Senior Inspectors in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department.
- Senior inspector of Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department
- Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways and Rural Works Department.
- Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayats Department, Tirunelveli District.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department (Various Districts)
TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examinations-II A (Group – IIA Services (Non – Interview post)
Combined Civil Examination-II A (Non-Interview Posts) (Group-II A Services) Post Included
- Personal Clerk in (other than Law and Finance Department) Secretariat
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Commission
- Steno-Typist in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service / Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission/ Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
- Assistant in Tamil Nadu Text Book and Educational Service Corporation.
TNPSC Group IV & VAO Exam
Direct recruitment of the vacancies in the following posts:
- Village Administrative Officer (VAO)
- Junior Assistant
- Bill Collector
- Field Surveyor