- The Federal Budget 2022-2023 was tabled in Parliament yesterday
- Nirmala Sitharaman presented the budget saying that they should stand in the way of Dharma and collect taxes for the benefit of the people in the chapter Shanti Parvam of the Mahabharata.
- Finished reading the budget in 92 minutes
- Paperless budget submitted for the second time in the parliment
- New digital currency introduced based on “BLOCK CHAIN” technology
- Introduced One Country Single Registration System (National Common Documentation Software System)
- Converted 12 channels to 200 channels through a single class single television program
- The BharatNet brand project is set to launch in 2025, benefiting 16 states and 3,61,000 villages.
- A project has been launched to connect the 5 largest rivers in India.
- The 5 rivers are:
- Krishna -five
- Daman Ganga -Pinchar
- Bur Thapi -Narmatha
- Parvat Mala Project – Modern transport between the mountains
- States first implemented in India
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Northeastern States
Federal Budget - A Historical Journey
- India’s First Budget (British India) -1860 Presented by James Wilson
- India’s First Budget (Independent India) -1947 Presented by Shanmugam
- Nirmala Sitharaman presented the first paperless budget-2021
- First Long Budget Speech -2020 Submitted by Nirmala Sitharaman – (2 hours 42 minutes)
- Short Budget Text -1997 Submitted by Muljibai Patel (Was only 800 words)
- Black Budget-1973 Submitted by Yaswantrao Chavan
Did you know?
- Nirmala Sitharaman is India’s first woman Finance Minister
- Change of Budget Filing to Working Day from February -Arun Jaitley-2017
- Writer Karthik Balasubramaniam to be presented with Sahitya Akademi yuva puraskar Award 2021
- The novel called “NATCHATHIRAVASIKAL”
- January has been declared as the Tamil Heritage Month in the cities of America.
- Adherence to four major cities in the province of California