1. International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female:
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female is observed on 6th February globally.
- The United Nations for their efforts to eradicate female genital mutilation.
- It was first introduced in 2003
2. NASA will retire International Space Station in 2031:
- According to NASA, the International Space Station will continue its operation until 2031.
- The International Space Station was the brainchild of former US President Ronald Reagan, who in 1984
3. Sourav Ganguly laid the foundation stone of world’s third-largest cricket stadium:
- The foundation stone of the world’s third-largest cricket stadium in Jaipur
- Currently, Narendra Modi Stadium (former Motera Stadium) in Ahmedabad is the world’s largest stadium with a capacity of 132,000 spectators
- The second-largest stadium is Australia’s Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) which has a capacity of 1,00,024 spectators.
1. Salesforce Global Index: India leads in digital skills readiness
- Salesforce, a leading player in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), published the Global Digital Skills Index 2022.
- India has scored 63 out of 100, leads the digital skills readiness, and has the highest readiness index among the 19 countries.
- The average global readiness score was 33 out of 100.
2. J&K topped in India Press Freedom Report 2021
- The India Press Freedom Report, 2021 was recently released by the Rights and Risks Analysis Group.
- Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Tripura topped the list of States and Union Territories where journalists and media houses were targeted in 2021
3. COVID-19 DNA vaccine:
- India has become the first country in the world to administer a DNA vaccine against COVID-19.
- The ZyCoV-D which is the World’s first plasmid DNA vaccine has been produced by Ahmedabad-based vaccine manufacturer Zydus Cadila and it was administered for the first time in Patna.
- It is the second India-made vaccine to get emergency authorization in India after Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin
4. Open-air classroom programme:
- West Bengal government has launched an open-air classroom programme Paray Shikshalaya
- The state government will also provide mid-day meals to the students of ‘Paray Shikshalaya’.
5. PM Modi inaugurates 50th Anniversary Celebrations of Hyderabad-based ICRISAT:
- PM also inaugurated two research facilities of ICRISAT, which were Climate Change Research Facility on Plant Protection and Rapid Generation Advancement Facility.
- ICRISAT Headquarters: Patancheruvu, Hyderabad
- ICRISAT Founded: 1972
1. U19 World Cup 2022: India beat England in final to win 5th title
- India defeated England by four wickets to clinch a record-extending fifth title at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua.
2. China wins AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 Football Tournament:
- This is the record-extending 9th AFC Women`s Asian Cup title won by China.
- India is hosting the 20th edition of the football AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 from January 20, 2022, to February 06, 2022.
- China now qualifying for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup to be held in Australia and New Zealand.
3. IOC approves proposal to include new sports at 2028 Olympics:
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) has approved a proposal to include Surfing, Skateboarding and Sport Climbing for the 2028 Summer Olympics Games.
- Professor Dinesh Prasad Saklani has been appointed as the new Director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- NCERT Headquarters: New Delhi
- NCERT Founder: Government of India
- NCERT Founded: 1961
2. Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit named as first woman Vice Chancellor of JNU
- The Ministry of Education (MoE) has appointed Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit as the new Vice-Chancellor of JNU.
- Before this appointment, Pandit was serving as the Vice-Chancellor of Savitribai Phule University in Maharashtra.
Per Day One Info
- The highest peak in the world – Everest
- India’s highest peak – Godwin Austin
- The highest peak in South India – Anaimudi