UK announces 75 scholarships for Indian students on 75th year of Independence
- The United Kingdom government has announced a partnership with leading businesses in India to offer 75 fully funded scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK from September.
- United Kingdom Prime minister: Boris Johnson;
- United Kingdom Capital: London;
- United Kingdom Currency: Pound Sterling.
NASA launches CAPSTONE mission to the moon:
- The NASA researchers successfully launched CAPSTONE spacecraft to the moon from New Zealand.
- NASA administrator: Bill Nelson;
- Headquarters of NASA: Washington D.C., United States;
- NASA Founded: 1 October 1958.
Eknath Shinde to take oath as Chief Minister of Maharashtra:
- Eknath Shinde, a rebel Shiv Sena MLA, will be sworn in as the new chief minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis, leader of opposition, told the press.
Nitin Gadkari presented National Highway excellent Award 2021:
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla along with Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari gave away National Highways Excellence Awards-2021.
Indian Coast Guard launched “PADMA” centralised payment system:
- Pay Roll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances (PADMA), an automated Pay & Allowances module for the Indian Coast Guard.
- Indian Coast Guard Director-General: Virender Singh Pathania;
- Indian Coast Guard Founded: 1 February 1977;
- Indian Coast Guard Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi.
New Delhi: 4th Synergy Conference between Indian Army and DAD:
- 4th Synergy Conference between the Indian Army and the DAD held in New Delhi. Senior commanders of the Indian Army and DAD attended the one-day meeting.
- Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS): Lt Gen BS Raju
- Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA): Shri Rajnish Kumar
Karnataka government launched ‘Kashi Yatra’ scheme:
- Karnataka government has launched the ‘Kashi Yatra’ scheme. The Kashi Yatra project, which offers a cash assistance of Rs 5,000 to each of the 30,000 pilgrims.
- Karnataka Government other Schemes:
- ‘[email protected]’ programme
- Vinaya Samarasya scheme
- ‘FRUITS’ software
- Janasevaka Scheme
- Janaspandana platform
Adani Sportsline is principal sponsor of Indian Olympic Association:
- Adani Sportsline, the sports arm of the Adani Group, has inked a long-term principal sponsorship deal with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
U23 Asian Wrestling Championships 2022: Deepak Punia won bronze:
- Tokyo Olympian Deepak Punia won a bronze medal after defeating Maksat Satybaldy (Kyrgyzstan) in the 86kg freestyle weight category at the U23 Asian wrestling championships 2022 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Novak Djokovic becomes 1st player to win 80 matches in all four Grand Slams:
- Novak Djokovic became the first player in history to win 80 matches in all four Grand Slams when he defeated Kwon Soon-woo.
- The six-time champion has became the first male player in the Open Era to win 80 or more match at all four grand slams.
National Doctor’s Day celebrates on 1st July:
- India celebrates National Doctor’s Day on July 1, the birth anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, an eminent physician, academician, freedom fighter and politician.
- For 2022, the theme for National Doctor’s Day is “Family Doctors on the Front Line.”
Chartered Accountants Day 2022 observed on 01st July:
- The Chartered Accountants’ Day or CA Day is held on 01 July every year in India. It is also known as ICAI Foundation Day.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India President: N. D. Gupta;
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India HQ’s: New Delhi.
International Day of Parliamentarism 2022: 30 June
- June 30 is observed as the International Day of Parliamentarism every year to commemorate the date on which the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU).
- Inter-Parliamentary Union Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland;
- Inter-Parliamentary Union President: Saber Hossain Chowdhury;
- Inter-Parliamentary Union Founded: 1889, Paris, France;
- Inter-Parliamentary Union Secretary General: Martin Chungong.
National Statistics Day 2022: 29 June
- National Statistics Day is observed in India on June 29 each year. The day aims to raise public awareness of the value of statistics in everyday life as well as in the planning and development process.
- It was initially observed on June 29, 2007, to honour Professor Mahalanobis’ exceptional contributions to statistical research and economic planning.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development is responsible for the development of human resources in India.Its headquarters is situated at Shastri Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Literacy rate of Tamil Nadu is the second highest among the southern states. Tamil Nadu’s literacy rate is higher than the national average. The enrolment for higher education in Tamil Nadu is the highest in India.