Largest Countries In The World By Area 2022 You Must Know:
- Earth, the most important place you know, has a surface area of 510,072,000 km². Compared Earth is about the size of an average sunspot.
- Rank Country Area % of Earth Area
- 1 Russia 17,098,242 km² 52%
- 2 Canada 9,984,670 km² 73%
- 3 China 9,706,961 km² 54%
- 4 United States 9,372,610 km² 31%
- 5 Brazil 8,515,767 km² 74%
- 6 Australia 7,692,024 km² 18%
- 7 India 3,287,590 km² 21%
SDG Index 2021: India ranks 120th position:
- India has been ranked at 120th position in the Sustainable Development Report 2021 or Sustainable Development Index 2021.
- Last year India’s rank was 117
- The top 5 countries in this ranking are:
- The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to Achieve the Goal
Google and MeitY to train 100 Indian startups:
- Google and MeitY to train 100 Indian startups under Appscale Academy programme
- The MeitY Startup Hub, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and Google have announced a cohort of 100 early to mid-stage Indian startups as a part of Appscale Academy programme.
- Minister of Electronics and Information Technology: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Google Founded: 4 September 1998
- Google Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
Adani Green gets LOA for setting-up 150 MW solar power plant:
- On Tuesday, Adani Green Energy Ltd stated that its subsidiary Adani Renewable Energy Holding Fifteen Limited has obtained a letter of award (LOA) to build a 150-megawatt solar power plant.
- For a period of 25 years, the fixed rate for this project capacity is $2.34/kWh.
- Assam government declared the entire state as a “Disturbed Area:
- The Assam government has extended the contentious Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) in the state for six more months.
- Assam Capital: Dispur
- Assam Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Assam Governor: Jagadish Mukhi
MoWCD launches ‘Stree Manoraksha’ Project:
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) and NIMHANS Bengaluru launched the ‘Stree Manoraksha Project’ on Wednesday with the goal of improving women’s mental health in India.
ISSF World Cup:
- Indian shooter, Saurabh Chaudhary has won the gold medal in Men’s 10m Air Pistol event at the ongoing 2022 International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup.
- The silver medal has been won by Germany’s Michael Schwald while Artem Chernousov of Russia claimed the bronze medal.
Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament:
- Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament: Nikhat Zareen & Nitu wins gold for India
- Indian boxers Nikhat Zareen (52kg) and Nitu (48kg) has won gold medals at the 73rd Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament, held in Sofia, Bulgaria.
ISSF World Cup: Shri Nivetha, Esha, Ruchita win gold in women’s 10m air pistol:
- India’s Shri Nivetha, Esha Singh, and Ruchita Vinerkar have won the gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol team event.
LIC Mutual Fund:
- T S Ramakrishnan named as new MD and CEO of LIC Mutual Fund
- LIC Mutual Fund has announced the appointment of TS Ramakrishnan as its Managing Director & CEO, effective.
National Safety Day 2022 Observed on 04th March:
- The National Safety Day (NSD) is celebrated every year on the 4th of March to commemorate the foundation of the National Safety Council (NSC) of India.
- theme to be ‘Nurture young minds – Develop safety culture’.
National Security Day observed on 04th of March:
- In India, March 4 is celebrated as National Security Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas) every year, in the honor of the Indian Security Forces.
- Apart from this, National Security Week 2022 is being celebrated from March 4 to March 10, 2022.
- National Security Council of India Founded: 19 November 1998
- National Security Council of India head: Ajit Kumar Doval.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Who started the self-esteem movement.
- Who is also known as Vendati Vander.
- Called Rousseau of India.
- Who was the basis on which the Dravidian League was formed