1. Instagram encourages people to ‘Take a Break’ from social media.
- Instagram has announced the launch of ‘Take a Break’ in all countries, including India.
- First time launched in: US, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia, and it is now available for everyone globally.
- Instagram launched: 6 October 2010
- Instagram Owner: Meta
- Instagram Founder: Kevin Systrom
2. World Pulses Day 2022: Observed On 10 February
- The United Nations designated World Pulses Day is observed every year on 10 February.
- In 2018, the UN General Assembly decided to mark 10 February as World Pulses Day.
- The first WPD was held on February 10, 2019
- This year World Pulses Day’s theme: “Pulses to empower youth in achieving sustainable agrifood systems”.
1. Biomass-based hydrogen plant:
- India’s first commercial-scale biomass-based hydrogen plant will come up at the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Every day this plant will produce one tonne of hydrogen, from 30 tonnes of biomass feedstock.
- The plant is being put up by a joint venture of Watomo Energies Ltd and Biezel Green Energy with an investment of Rs 24 crore
2. Bloomberg Billionaires Index: Gautam Adani overtook Mukesh Ambani
- In accordance with the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Gautam Adani net worth reached $88.5 billion overtaking Mukesh Ambani’s $87.9
3. RBI 2nd largest buyer of gold in 2021
- The largest buyer, the Central Bank of Thailand, bought 90 metric tonnes of gold while RBI bought 77.5 metric tonnes.
- World Gold Council CEO: David Tait
- World Gold Council Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- World Gold Council Founded: 1987
- World Gold Council President: Kelvin Dushnisky
4. Gujarat unveils new IT/ITeS policy to generate 1 lakh direct jobs:
- Chief Minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel has announced a new IT/ITeS policy for the next five years.
5. UNEP tie-up with Maharashtra to support ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ campaign
- The United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP) has signed an MoU with the Maharashtra government to support its ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ campaign
1. Sanjay Malhotra named Sanjay Malhotra named DFS Secretary in Finance Ministry
- Sanjay Malhotra has been named as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services in the Ministry of Finance.
2. Ex-consultant to World Bank Pradip Shah named as Pfizer India chairman:
- Pfizer India has appointed Pradip Shah as the chairman of its board following the resignation of RA Shah.
- He has also served as a consultant to USAID, the World Bank, and the Asian Development Bank
Per Day One Info
- Year of adoption of the Constitution of India – 26 November 1949
- Year the Constitution of India came into force – 26 January 1950
- Ambedkar is the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution of India
- Ambedkar was the father of the Indian Constitution.