NASA’s DAVINCI Mission is set to launch in 2029:
- NASA is set to launch a mission called “DAVINCI Mission”. DAVINCI stands for “Deep Atmosphere Venus Investigation of Noble gases, Chemistry and Imaging Mission”.
- It will be the first mission to study Venus by means of both flybys and descent.
- Spacecraft is likely to explore layered Venusian atmosphere.
- It will reach Venusian surface by June 2031.
- The mission would capture data about Venus, that scientists are trying to measure since early 1980s.
World’s First ‘Right To Repair’ Law For Digital Electronics Passed by New York Legislature:
- New York state legislature is a world first, to pass the law for Digital Electronics. The “right to repair” bill enacted by the requiring digital electronics makers.
WhatsApp launched SMBSaathi Utsav to support small businesses:
- Whatsapp launched SMBSaathi Utsav initiative which aims to support small businesses by helping them to adopt digital mediums like Whatsapp Business App.
- WhatsApp Founded: 2009;
- WhatsApp CEO: Will Cathcart;
- WhatsApp Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States;
- WhatsApp Acquisition date: 19 February 2014;
- WhatsApp Founders: Jan Koum, Brian Acton;
- WhatsApp Parent organization: Facebook.
China launched a Crewed Mission to build the Tiangong Space Station:
- The China Manned Space Agency announced that three astronauts have been dispatched on a six-month mission to complete work on the country’s permanent orbiting space station.
- The Shenzhou-14 crew will stay aboard the Tiangong station for six months, overseeing the integration of two laboratory modules into the main Tianhe living room, which was launched in April 2021.
‘Gaganyaan’ India’s first human space mission scheduled to launch in 2023:
- India will attain the unique distinction of launching the first Human Space Mission ‘Gaganyaan’ as well as the first Human Ocean Mission in 2023, according to Space and Earth Sciences Minster.
- Testing for both the Space and Ocean manned missions have evolved to an advanced stage, and that the remarkable accomplishment would be performed in the second half of 2023, while speaking at the World Oceans Day festivities in New Delhi.
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched new Logo for ‘Ayurveda Aahar’:
- The ‘Ayurveda Aahar’ logo was launched by Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, on the occasion of World Food Safety Day.
Assam celebrates Baikho festival for good harvest and rain:
- The Baikho festival is celebrated in the state of Assam, which is called as gateway to northeast India. It is celebrated by Rabha tribes of India.
- Assam Capital: Dispur;
- Assam Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma;
- Assam Governor: Jagadish Mukhi.
AR Rahman appointed ambassador of Indo-UK culture platform:
- Music Maestro, AR Rahman has been appointed as ambassador of The Season of Culture, which marks the 75th anniversary of India’s independence.
- British Council Director: Barbara Wickham;
- British Council Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi.
Ramkrishna Mukkavilli becomes the first Indian to recognized by United Nations Global Compact as Global SDG Pioneer:
- For the first time in the world, an Indian has been named a Global Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Pioneer for Water Stewardship by the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
- Presidential Election 2022 to be held on 18 July
NHAI set a Guinness World Record for constructing a 75-kilometer motorway in 105 hours:
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari revealed that NHAI had set a new Guinness World Record by building 75 kilometres of bituminous concrete in a single lane on NH53 in 105 hours and 33 minutes.
OECD slashes India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.9% for FY23:
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has forecast India’s GDP growth at 6.9 per cent for FY23.
CRE8 India’s first rupee-based crypto index, launched by CoinSwitch:
- Crypto Rupee Index has been launched by CoinSwitch. It is India’s first benchmark index for measuring the performance of the Indian Rupee-based crypto sector.
Tamil Nadu’s CM unveils the 44th Chess Olympiad’s logo, mascot:
- K. Stalin, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, unveiled the logo and mascot for the 44th Chess Olympiad, which will take place in Mamallapuram next month.
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu: M.K. Stalin
- All India Chess Federation president: Sanjay Kapoor
India’s Krishna Srinivasan to head IMF’s Asia-Pacific dept:
- International Monetary Fund has announced the appointment of Indian national Krishna Srinivasan as director of the Asia and Pacific Department (APD).
- IMF Formation: 27 December 1945;
- IMF Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States;
- IMF Member Countries: 190;
- IMF MD: Kristalina Georgieva.
Virat Kohli Becomes the 1st Indian To Reach 200 Million Followers On Instagram:
- Indian cricket star Virat Kohli has crossed the 200 million followers mark on the social media site Instagram.
- Portugal football star Cristiano Ronaldo tops the chart with 451 million followers, ahead of Argentina football captain and FC Barcelona legend Lionel Messi with 334 million followers.
Avani Lekhara, a shooter, sets world record to win gold at the Para World Cup:
- Avani Lekhara won gold in the Para Shooting World Cup on Tuesday in Chateauroux, France, with a world record score of 250.6 in the women’s 10m air rifle.
- The 20-year-old shooter shattered her own world record of 249.6 to qualify for the 2024 Paralympic Games in Paris.
- Emilia Babska of Poland won silver with a score of 247.6, while Anna Normann of Sweden took bronze with a score of 225.6.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Wildlife Protection Act was implemented in 1972
- Mudhumalai Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Nilgiris district.
- March 03 is observed as ‘World Wildlife day’.
- WWF stands for World Wildlife Fund