Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe announces resignation:
- Ranil Wickremesinghe has resigned as Sri Lankan prime minister to make way for an all-party government to take over.
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh elected YSRC president for life:
- Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress (YSRC) elected Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, as its “president for life.”
Internet exchanges launched in Durgapur and Bardhaman by National Internet Exchange of India:
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India, inaugurated two new Internet Exchange Points.
National Capital Region Planning Board’s geo-portal “Pariman” now accessible for public:
- Geo-Portal for NCR known as ‘PARIMAN’ was launched on 31.08.2021 in the 40th meeting of the Board by Shri Hardeep Singh Puri.
- For the purpose of effective utilization of remote sensing and GIS technology, a web geo-portal has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), initially for use by the National Capital Region (NCR) participating states and the office of the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB).
PM Modi to attend the inaugural Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture:
- In the nation’s capital, at Vigyan Bhavan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the inaugural Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture (AJML).
- After the presentation, Mathias Cormann, the secretary-general of the OECD, and Arvind Panagariya will participate in a panel discussion (Professor, Columbia University).
Kharchi festival begins in Tripura 2022:
- A week-long traditional Kharchi festival, offering prayer to 14 gods and goddess, began with thousands of devotees converging at Khayerpur on the eastern outskirts of the Tripura.
- Tripura Capital: Agartala;
- Tripura Chief Minister: Dr. Manik Saha;
- Tripura Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya.
UP becomes first state to have 13 expressways in the nation:
- Uttar Pradesh’s largest expressway network now has a foundation thanks to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. It will soon have better highway connectivity from many other nations
- Chief Minister Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath
36th National Games: To be held in Gujarat from Sep 27 to Oct 10
- Bhupendra Patel, the CM of Gujarat, declared that the 36th National Games will be held in his state from September 27 to October 10 for the first time ever.
- Chief minister of Gujarat: Shri Bhupendra Patel
- Gujarat minister for youth, sports and culture: Shri Harsh Sanghavi
Wimbledon 2022: Novak Djokovic wins seventh title:
- Serbia Novak Djokovic won a seventh Wimbledon men’s title and 21st Grand Slam crown with a four-set triumph over Nick Kyrgios.
Rafael Nadal’s first win at Wimbledon against Cerundolo:
- In this article we have highlighted about Rafael Nadal’s first win in Wimbledon after three-years against the Argentina player Francisco Cerundolo on tuesday.
Rajendra Prasad take charge as MD of National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited:
- Rajendra Prasad has been appointed as the Managing Director of National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL).
- National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited Founded: 12 February 2016;
- National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited Headquarters: New Delhi.
Alvaro Lario named as new President of IFAD:
- The governing council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) has been appointed as Spain’s Alvaro Lario new President.
- International Fund for Agricultural Development Founded: December 1977, Rome, Italy
R K Gupta named as deputy Election commissioner:
- Senior bureaucrat R K Gupta was appointed as the deputy election commissioner, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said.
- Chief Election Commissioner of India: Rajiv Kumar
- Election Commissioner: Anup Chandra Pandey
National Fish Farmers’ Day 2022: 10 July
- National Fish Farmers Day is celebrated on 10th July every year to demonstrate solidarity with all fisher folk, fish farmers and concerned stakeholders throughout the Country
World Population Day 2022 observed globally on 11 July:
- World Population Day is observed every year on July 11 to raise awareness about global population issues.
- The theme for this year is “A world of 8 billion: Towards a resilient future for all – Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all”
PER DAY ONE INFO
Meeting of Constitutional Assembly:
- 1st meeting held in December 9, 1946.
- Sachidananda Sinha elected as Temporary President of Assembly.
- 2nd meeting held in December 11, 1946,
- Rajendra Prasad elected as permanent President of Assembly.
- B.N.Rao elected legal Advisor of Constitution Assembly.
- 3rd meeting held in December 13, 1946.
- Jawarhalal Nehru “Move the Objective Resolution Bill”.
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates