Ruling party in Japan records significant victory in legislative vote:
- In a parliamentary election in Japan, the ruing party, the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) and its coalition partner, Komeito achieved a significant victory.
- In the 248-seat chamber, the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) and its minor coalition partner Komeito increased their combined share to 146, well exceeding the majority in the elections for half of the upper house seats
- Prime Minister of Japan: Kishida Fumio
- Capital of Japan: Tokyo
- Currency of Japan: Japanese Yen
Deutsche Bahn to be world’s first intermodal partner of Star Alliance:
- Deutsche Bahn (DB) will be the world’s first Intermodal Partner of Star Alliance. With this, DB and the aviation industry are sending another strong signal for the environment-friendly evolution.
- Deutsche Bahn CEO: Richard Lutz;
- Deutsche Bahn Headquarters: Berlin, Germany;
- Deutsche Bahn Founded: January 1994.
Pallavi Singh wins the Mrs Universe Divine Crown in South Korea:
- India’s Pallavi Singh has won the Mrs Universe Divine Title at the finals held at Yeosu City, South Korea.
Coffee Board to collaborate with ISRO to develop climate-resistant varieties:
- State-run Coffee Board is planning to focus on developing new varieties that will be resistant to the changing climatic patterns.
- ISRO Founded: 15 August 1969;
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru;
- ISRO Chairman: S Somanath.
PM Narendra Modi unveils National Emblem on the roof of New Parliament Building:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled the National Emblem cast on the roof of the New Parliament Building.
- The National Emblem is made of bronze with a total weight of 9500 kilograms and is 6.5 meters in height.
UN: India anticipated to overtake China as world’s most populated nation next year:
- According to a report released by the UN on World Population Day, India is expected to overtake China as the world’s most populous nation by next year.
- The world’s population is anticipated to exceed eight billion people on November 15, 2022, according to a research by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division.
- According to the United Nations’ most recent estimates, the world’s population may reach 8.5 billion people in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050, and 10.4 billion in 2100.
Jitendra Singh to launch IS4OM for Safe & Sustainable Space Environment:
- With the help of the ISRO System for Safe and Sustainable Space Operation and Management (IS4OM), India has increased its ability to protect its space assets.
- ISRO Chairman: Shri S. Somanath
- Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences: Dr. Jitendra Singh
President of India attends the Yuva Sammelan hosted by “My Home India”:
- The Yuva Sammelan, which was hosted by “My Home India” in New Delhi, was attended by Ram Nath Kovind, the President of India. This phenomenon, known as the “Demographic Dividend,” presents an opportunity for our nation.
IIT-M technology to play ‘Pivot’al role in providing patients with cancer with individualised care:
- IIT Madras researchers have developed a revolutionary method that can identify a person’s cancer-causing genes, based on patient DNA profiles the ‘Pivot.’
First-ever exhibition and seminar on “AI in Defense” organised:
- The Department of Defense Production, Ministry of Defense, will host the first-ever Artificial Intelligence in Defence symposium and exhibition in New Delhi.
- Union Defence Minister, GoI: Shri Rajnath Singh
- Defence Secretary: Dr. Ajay Kumar
- Additional Secretary: Shri Sanjay Jaju
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc wins Austrian Grand Prix 2022:
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc held off world champion Max Verstappen to win the Austrian Grand Prix 2022.
GoI clears appointment of Brajesh Kumar Upadhyay as CMD of GSL:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Brajesh Kumar Upadhyay as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Goa Shipyard Limited.
- Goa Shipyard Limited Founded: 1957;
- Goa Shipyard Limited Headquarters: Goa.
World Malala Day 2022 celebrates on 12th July:
- International Malala Day is celebrated every year on July 12 on the occasion of young activist Malala Yousafzai’s birthday.
- Malala Yousufzai was born in Mingora, Pakistan in 1997. She began advocating for women’s education in 2008. In 2012, she was attacked by the Taliban
PER DAY ONE INFO
- It serves as an advisory Think Tank.
- It draws membership from a wider expertise.
- It serves in spirit of Cooperative Federalism as states are equal partners.
- Secretaries to be known as CEO appointed by Prime- Minister.
- It focuses upon ‘Bottom-Up’ approach of Planning.
- It does not possess mandate to impose policies.
- It does not have powers to allocate funds, which are vested in Finance Minister.
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates