Facebook-owner Meta released first annual human rights report:
- Facebook owner Meta released its first annual human rights report, following years of accusations that it turned a blind eye to online abuses that fueled real-world violence in places like India.
- Facebook Founded: February 2004;
- Facebook CEO: Mark Zuckerberg;
- Facebook Headquarters: California, United States
British govt launched ‘Aviation Passenger Charter’ to help passengers know their rights:
- The British government has launched an “Aviation Passenger Charter” to help passengers know their rights.
Successful testing of India’s first 5G private network announced by Bharti Airtel:
- The nation’s first 5G private network was successfully tested by Bharti Airtel at Bosch Automotive Electronics’ plant in Bengaluru. The trial occurs in advance of a 5G spectrum auction.
- Director and CEO of Airtel Business: Ajay Chitkara
- Head of technical functions at Bosch Automotive Electronics India: Subhash P
Telangana government and UNDP collaborate on the DiCRA:
- Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture, the newest entry in the Digital Public Goods Registry, was announced by the State government in collaboration with UNDP.
- IT Minister, GoI: Shri KT Rama Rao
Kerala becomes first state to have own internet service:
- Kerala is now the first and only state in the country to have its own internet service, according to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who made the announcement.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan;
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.
Expat Insider Rankings for 2022: India ranks 36th
- Mexico has topped the Expat Insider Rankings for 2022, which was released by the InterNations.
- while India has been ranked on 36th position out of the 52 countries on the list, with a high affordability score.
- Kuwait is the worst country for expats in the ranking.
First-Ever ‘Made In India’ surgical robotic system installed at Rajiv Gandhi Institute:
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, New Delhi (RGCI) have installed the first-ever Made-in-India Surgical Robotic System, “SSI-Mantra”.
INS Sindhudhvaj decommissioned after 35 years of service:
- INS Sindhudhvaj has decommissioned after 35 years of glorious service to the nation.
Syngenta India Launched Biodiversity Sensor Project with IIT Ropar to Monitor Farm Insects:
- In this article, we have included the Biodiversity sensor project launched by Syngenta India and the Drone Yatra.
- Syngenta has launched this project in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, Punjab (IIT-R).
2025 World Athletics Championships: Tokyo’s Olympic Stadium to host event:
- The World Athletics Council has selected Tokyo (Japan) to host the 2025 World Athletics Championships.
- The 18th edition of the World Athletics Championships begins in Oregon USA while Budapest in Hungary will host the 2023 event.
- The 2022 edition is currently being organized in Oregon, USA, which was originally scheduled to be held in 2021 but postponed by one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
R. Praggnanandhaa triumphs at the Paracin Open:
- The Paracin Open ‘A’ chess competition 2022 in Serbia was won by young Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa, who finished with 8 points after nine rounds.
Indian GM Aravindh Chithambaram won tournament in Spain:
- Indian Grandmaster Aravindh Chithambaram has emerged winner in the 41st Villa De Benasque International Chess Open in Spain.
Ashish Kumar Chauhan named as the next MD & CEO of NSE:
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has announced the appointment of Ashish Kumar Chauhan as its new managing director and CEO.
- National Stock Exchange Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- National Stock Exchange Founded: 1992;
- Chairperson of National Stock Exchange: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi.
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates