L&T Tech: First company to directly obtain and implement 5G spectrum:
- The first IT company to publicly indicate interest in the government’s direct distribution of spectrum for exclusive 5G networks is L&T Technology Services.
- According to CEO Amit Chadha, it will acquire spectrum to set up a 5G private network and develop use cases for the technology. In addition, the engineering and research and development services company will roll out 5G solutions for parent company Larsen & Toubro globally.
Rajasthan introduces the first digital Lok Adalat in India
- During the 18th All India Legal Services Authorities’ convention, which was held here, NLSA Chairman Uday Umesh Lalit unveiled the first digital Lok Adalat driven by AI.
- Chief Justice of India: N V Ramana
- Union Minister of Law and Justice: Kiren Rijiju
- National Legal Services Authority Chairman: Uday Umesh Lalit
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot
First mountain warfare training school established in NE by ITBP
- As part of its mission to train its troops in high-altitude combat and survival techniques, ITBP has established its first mountain warfare training facility in northeast.
- Chief of Army Staff: General Manoj Pande
JSW Steel and BCG collaborate to quicken the decarbonization process:
- In order to help JSW Steel on its path to being a net-zero carbon emitter, BCG will make use of its unique CO2 AI platform as well as its top-tier digital and analytics skills.
- CEO, Boston Consulting Group: Christoph Schweizer
- Joint managing director of JSW Steel and group CFO: Seshagiri Rao
Border dispute agreement struck between Arunachal Pradesh and Assam:
- According to the chief ministers of both states, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh have taken a step toward settling their seven-decade-old boundary dispute by signing the Namsai Declaration.
- Chief Minister of Assam: Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh: Pema Khandu
NAARM received Sardar Patel Award of ICAR:
- The National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) has bagged the Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institute Award 2021.
- Ch Srinivasa Rao, Director of NAARM, received the award from the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar in New Delhi. The awards were given away at a function to mark the 94th Foundation Day of the ICAR.
Los Angeles to host 2028 Summer Olympic Games:
- The 2028 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, United States
- Los Angeles has previously hosted the Olympics in 1984 and 1932. The LA28 Games will feature more than 3,000 hours of live sport across 800 events in more than 40 sports.
- 15,000 athletes are expected to compete in the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, according to LA 28.
Former SC judge Vineet Saran appointed as new BCCI ethics officer:
- Former Supreme Court judge Vineet Saran has taken over as the BCCI’s ethics officer and ombudsman.
- BCCI President: Sourav Ganguly;
- BCCI secretary: Jay Shah;
- BCCI Headquarters: Mumbai;
- BCCI Founded: December 1928.
World Chess Day 2022 celebrates globally on 20 July:
- World Chess Day is celebrated annually on July 20 globally. The day marks the date of the establishment of the International Chess Federation (FIDE).
- International Chess Federation President: Arkady Dvorkovich;
- International Chess Federation Founded: 20 July 1924, Paris, France;
- International Chess Federation Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.
International Moon Day observed on 20 July:
- The General Assembly declared International Moon Day, a United Nations-designated international day to be observed annually on 20 July.
- The aim behind observing this day is to reach the general public, specially our young generations and teach them about astrology and astronomy.
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates