Sri Lanka: Ranil Wickremesinghe elected as 9th President:
- Veteran Sri Lankan politician and six-time Prime Minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe has been elected as the 9th President of the Island nation by the Parliament.
- Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte;
- Sri Lanka Currency: Sri Lankan rupee.
Tamil Nadu tops in Smart City Fund utilisation:
- Tamil Nadu tops the list of states so far as utilisation of funds under the government’s flagship Smart City Mission is concerned.
PM Narendra Modi unveils ‘SPRINT Challenges’ to boost usage of Indigenous Technology:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled ‘SPRINT Challenges’, aimed at giving a boost to the usage of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy.
Henley Passport Index 2022: India ranks 87th
- India is ranked 87th on the list of the world’s most powerful passports in 2022, according to the latest Henley Passport Index from Henley & Partners.
- India is ranked 87th on the list of the world’s most powerful passports in 2022, according to the latest Henley Passport Index from Henley & Partners, an immigration consultancy.
- World’s most powerful passports 2022: Top 10 countries
- South Korea
Godavari Islands: Andhra Pradesh conducts the first-ever blackbuck survey:
- Andhra Pradesh State Wildlife Department has begun the first-ever study of blackbucks along a length of islands in the Godavari between Dowleswaram and Yanam.
Morgan Stanley cuts India’s FY23 GDP forecast to 7.2%:
- Morgan Stanley cut its FY23 real GDP expansion estimate for India by 0.40 per cent to 7.2 per cent on slower global growth.
- A majority of watchers are expecting FY23 GDP growth to come at over 7 per cent levels. The RBI estimate also stands at 7.2 per cent.
In 272 of the most needy districts, Govt starts “Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan”:
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment began implementing Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan in the 272 most susceptible districts in August 2020.
- The National Survey of Extent, Pattern and Trends of Substance Use conducted in 2004 and the Comprehensive National Survey on Extent and Pattern of Substance Use in India conducted in 2018 both show a change in the pattern of substance abuse, according to Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment A. Narayanaswamy.
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India: Dr. Virendra Kumar
- Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment: A. Narayanaswamy
India sign an agreement with Namibia to reintroduce cheetah:
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Namibia aims to bring back cheetahs to the country after nearly seven decades.
- The first eight cheetahs are expected to arrive in Madhya Pradesh’s Kuno National Park by August 15.
- Separately, India is anticipated to receive 12 cheetahs from South Africa; a draught deal has already been signed, and a final one is forthcoming, according to authorities with knowledge of the situation.
Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List: Gautam Adani surpasses Bill Gates:
- As per the Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List, India’s richest person, Gautam Adani has now also become the fourth richest person in the world, leaving behind Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk: $234.4 billion
- Bernard Arnault: $154.9 billion,
- Amazon chief Jeff Bezos: $143.9 billion
Mobile Electric Charging App released by MSME Minister Narayan Rane:
- At the Fueling India 2022 event in Mumbai, Union Minister of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises Narayan Rane introduced Repos Pay, a platform for Mobile Electric Charging.
- Chairman of the National Small Industries Corporation: Shri P. Udaykumar
- Union Minister of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME): Narayan Rane
Lt Gen (Retd) Raj Shukla appointed as member of UPSC:
- Retired Army officer Raj Shukla has been appointed as a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- UPSC Chairperson: Manoj Soni;
- UPSC Founded: 1 October 1926.
Jayanti Prasad named as Whole Time Member of IBBI:
- The Central Government has appointed, Jayanti Prasad as a Whole-time Member of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) for five years.
- IBBI Founded: 1 October 2016;
- IBBI Headquarters: New Delhi;
- IBBI Parent department: Ministry of Corporate Affairs;
- IBBI Chairperson: Ravi Mittal.
Brijesh Gupta appointed as MD of RattanIndia Power:
- RattanIndia Power announced hiring Brijesh Gupta as its new managing director. He has experience working across the renewable, steel, mining and commodities sector in India and abroad.
Uttarakhand CM Dhami released the book “BEYOND THE MISTY VEIL”:
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami released the book “BEYOND THE MISTY VEIL”, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand written by Ms Aradhana Johri (Senior IAS).
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Established on April 1, 1935
- Accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta
- But was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates