IOC Athletes’ Commission:
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes’ Commission re-elected ice hockey player Emma Terho of Finland as its Chair.
- International Olympic Committee Founded: 1894
- International Olympic Committee Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- International Olympic Committee President: Thomas Bach
Bharti Airtel joins SEA-ME-WE-6 undersea cable consortium:
- Telecom operator, Bharti Airtel Ltd has announced that it has joined South East Asia–Middle East–Western Europe 6.
- The telco will land the SEA-ME-WE-6 cable system in India at new landing stations in Mumbai and Chennai.
- Apart from Airtel, there are 12 other global members in the consortium.
Tata Power collaborated with RWE to develop offshore wind projects:
- Tata Power has collaborated with Germany-based RWE Renewable GmbH to explore the potential for joint development of offshore wind projects in India.
- Tata Power CEO: Praveer Sinha
- Tata Power Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
India and Oman begins Eastern Bridge-VI Air Exercise:
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) have organised a bilateral air exercise named Eastern Bridge-VI.
- Eastern Bridge-VI is the sixth edition of the exercise. The exercise will provide an opportunity to enhance operational capability and interoperability between the two Air Forces.
India’s first Biosafety Level-3 mobile laboratory inaugurated in Maharashtra:
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Bharati Pravin Pawar has inaugurated India’s first Biosafety level-3 containment mobile laboratory in Nashik, Maharashtra.
- The newly launched lab will be able to access remote and forested areas of the country, to investigate outbreaks using samples from humans and animal sources.
Indian businesses rank 5th in their concern for climate change:
- As per the ‘Deloitte 2022 CxO Sustainability Report: The Disconnect Between Ambition and Impact’, Indian businesses rank 5th in their concern for climate change.
- According to the report, 80 per cent of Indian executives see the world at a tipping point for responding to climate change compared with just 53 per cent eight months ago.
A book on Rabindranath Tagore authored by Uma Das Gupta released:
- The book titled “A History of Sriniketan Rabindranath Tagore’s Pioneering Work in Rural Construction” was authored by Uma Das Gupta and published under Niyogi Books ‘Paper Missile’ released.
- The book contains Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore’s work in ‘village reconstruction’ by setting up ‘Sriniketan’, a wing of his Visva Bharati International University at Santiniketan in 1922, which is also popularly known as a university town. It is situated in West Bengal.
Winter Olympics Games 2022 in Beijing concludes:
- The closing ceremony of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games was held on February 20, 2022, at National Stadium (known as the Bird’s Nest) in Beijing.
- The Presidency of the Games was formally handed over to Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo, in Italy, to host the 2026 Winter Olympics.
Coal India gets ‘India’s Most Trusted Public Sector Company’ award:
- Maharatna company of the Government of India, Coal India Limited has been awarded the ‘India’s Most Trusted Public Sector Company’ award.
- Coal India received this honour at the “Energy Meet and Excellence Award” function organized by Industry Chamber “ASSOCHAM” in Kolkata
World Thinking Day observed on 22nd February:
- World Thinking Day, originally known as Thinking Day, is celebrated annually on 22 February by all Girl Scouts, Girl Guides and other girl groups worldwide.
- The theme for World Thinking Day 2022 is Our World, Our Equal Future.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- The central longitude of India and It passes through Mirzapur
- The southern tip of India is known as Indira Point and the northern tip as Indira Kol.
- The latitude that divides India equally is the Tropic of Cancer
- Tropic of Capricorn is the latitude that divides Australia equally.