India Innovation Index 2021: Karnataka, Manipur and Chandigarh topped
- Karnataka, Manipur and Chandigarh topped the third edition of NITI Aayog’s India Innovation Index, which ranks the states and the union territories on their innovation performance
- Major states:
- Rank States III 2021
- 1 Karnataka 01
- 2 Telangana 66
- 3 Haryana 35
- 4 Maharashtra 06
- 5 Tamil Nadu 69
ADB cuts India GDP growth forecast for FY23 to 7.2%:
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB), has slashed India’s GDP growth forecast to 7.2 per cent for FY23.
- It, however, raised the inflation forecast for India to 6.7% for FY23 from the 5.8 % estimated earlier.
- Asian Development Bank Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines;
- Asian Development Bank President: Masatsugu Asakawa;
- Asian Development Bank Founded: 19 December 1966.
FICCI downgrades India’s GDP growth forecast for 2022-23 to 7%:
- Industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has downgraded India’s economic output estimate for this financial year by 40 basis points to 7% for 2022-23.
- FICCI Founded: 1927;
- FICCI Headquarters: New Delhi;
- FICCI Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy;
- FICCI Presidents: Sanjiv Mehta, Uday Shankar.
Jawaharlal Nehru Port becomes first 100% Landlord Major Port of India:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port has become the first 100 per cent Landlord Major Port of India having all berths being operated on the PPP model.
- JNP is one of the leading container ports in the country and is ranked 26th among the top 100 global ports (as per Lloyds List Top 100 Ports 2021 Report).
ISRO used PSLV to launch 345 foreign spacecraft from 34 different nations since 1999:
- According to Dr. Jitendra Singh, the Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) has successfully launched 342 foreign satellites from 34 countries since 1999 on a commercial basis.
- Union Minister of State for Science and Technology: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Sanjay Agarwal to chair the committee Center established to strengthen MSP system:
- A committee on the MSP was established by the government eight months after it made a similar commitment in exchange for repealing three divisive agriculture policies.
- The government has made a provision for Sanyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) to have three representatives on the committee, but the farm organisation has not yet provided any candidates for the group.
13th Petersburg Climate Dialogue begins in Germany:
- The 13th Petersberg Climate Dialogue began in Berlin, Germany. The two-day informal ministerial meet is being chaired by Germany and Egypt, hosts of this year’s annual climate meet (COP-27).
- The informal ministerial meeting proposes to build consensus and provide political direction to resolve divergences aimed at improving the implementation of climate action, the core goal of COP-27.
$1 billion loan from the World Bank approved for the PM ABHIM:
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya informed the Rajya Sabha that the World Bank had granted a loan of USD $1 billion to fund India’s flagship PM-ABHIM.
- The loan that has been cleared consists of two complementary loans totaling USD 500 million each for the India’s Enhanced Health Service Delivery Program and Transforming India’s Public Health Systems for Pandemic Preparedness Program (PHSPP).
- Union Health Minister: Mansukh Mandaviya
15th President of India: Draupadi Murmu
- Daughter of a tribal family coming from a very ordinary house in Odisha, Draupadi Murmu has been elected as the 15th President of India.
- Murmu becomes India’s first woman tribal president. She also becomes the second woman to hold the post after Pratibha Patil. The tenure of incumbent president Ram Nath Kovind will end on 24 July.
Rajarshi Gupta named as Managing Director of ONGC Videsh:
- Rajarshi Gupta has been appointed as Managing Director of ONGC Videsh.
- He has more than 33 years of wide-ranging experience in supervisory, managerial and strategic planning capacities in domestic and international operations of ONGC and ONGC Videsh.
World Brain Day celebrates globally on July 22:
- The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) celebrates World Brain Day on every July 22, focusing on a different theme each year.
- World Brain Day (WBD) 2022 is dedicated to the theme “Brain Health for all”
- World Federation of Neurology Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom;
- World Federation of Neurology Founded: 22 July 1957;
- World Federation of Neurology President: Prof. Wolfgang Grisold.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Set up on August 29, 1947.
- B.R. Ambedkar (Chairman)
- Gopalaswamy Ayyengar
- Alladi Krishnaswamy Ayyar
- Syed Mohammed Saadullah
- Madava Rao
- T. Krishnamachari
- It takes 2 years 11 months and 18 days to finish the constitution of India.
- Total expenditure 64 lakhs.
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates