White House: The US prioritises its bilateral relations with India:
- US prioritises its bilateral relationship with New Delhi and views India as “very crucial” strategic ally in the strategically significant Indo-Pacific region.
Uttarakhand: Project to boost rain-fed agriculture approved by World Bank:
- In order to advance rain-fed agriculture in the steep areas of Uttarakhand, the World Bank has approved a project costing Rs. 1,000 crore.
Skalzang Rigzin: First Indian mountaineer to ascend Mount Annapurna Peak:
- Skalzang Rigzin, the first mountaineer from India to ascend Mount Annapurna’s top without the aid of oxygen was welcomed by Leh with open arms.
Assam becomes 36th State/UT to implement One Nation One Ration Card:
- Assam has become the 36th State to implement the One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) scheme.
- Assam Capital: Dispur;
- Assam Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma;
- Assam Governor: Jagadish Mukhi.
“Jyotirgamaya” festival to highlight brilliance of underappreciated performers, launched by Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy in New Delhi:
- Angeet Natak Akademi organised this festival as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and on the occasion of World Music Day to highlight the talent of rare musical instruments from all across the country, including street performers and train entertainers.
Arianespace will launch an Indian Communication Satellite:
- Two communication satellites from Malaysia and India will be launched into geostationary orbit by the European space agency Arianespace.
- The Ariane-5 rocket will launch the two satellites, which together weigh more than 10,000 kilograms, from the spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana.
PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate Vanijya Bhawan and the NIRYAT Site:
- The new office complex for the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, “Vanijya Bhawan,” and the “National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade” (NIRYAT) portal.
- The department of commerce and the department for the promotion of industry and internal trade will both use the facility, which will serve as an integrated and contemporary office complex.
GSAT-24, an Indian Communication Satellite successfully launched by ISRO from Kourou, French Guiana:
- NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) launched GSAT-24, following the space reforms leasing the entire satellite’s capacity to Direct-to-Home (DTH) service provider Tata Play.
- The satellite, developed by the Indian Space Research Organization for NSIL, was successfully launched into geostationary orbit from Kourou in French Guiana by the Ariane 5 rocket (South America)
India comes third in Renewable Energy Installations in 2021:
- India ranked third globally for total renewable power capacity additions in 2021 with 15.4 GW, behind only China (136 GW) and the US (43 GW).
Haryana CM releases a book ‘Ashtang Yoga’ by Dr Sonu Phogat:
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal khattar on the eve of 8th International Yoga Day released a book titled Ashtang Yoga authored by Dr Sonu Phogat.
Indian women’s Wrestling team wins Under-17 Asian Championship:
- Indian women’s Wrestling team has won five medals to claim Under-17 Asian Championship title with a total of eight gold at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Lisa Sthalekar becomes first female president of FICA:
- Former Australia cricketer, Lisa Sthalekar has become the first female president of FICA, the sport’s international player’s association.
- Her appointment was made at a meeting of the organisation’s executive committee in Switzerland, the first in-person meeting since the start of the Covid pandemic. Sthalekar joins a shortlist of former cricketers including Barry Richards, Jimmy Adams and Vikram Solanki to have held the post of FICA president.
United Nations Public Service Day celebrates on 23 June:
- With the aim to appreciate the value of public institutions and public servants, June 23 is observed as United Nations Public Service Day.
- The theme for this year’s event is “Building back better from COVID-19: Enhancing innovative partnerships to meet the Sustainable Development Goals.”
International Olympic Day celebrates on 23rd June:
- International Olympic Day is celebrated on June 23rd across the globe.
- This year, the theme for the International Olympic Day is “Together For A Peaceful World.”
- International Olympic Committee Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland;
- International Olympic Committee President: Thomas Bach;
- International Olympic Committee Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France;
- International Olympic Committee Director General: Christophe De Kepper.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- At the height of its power the Mughal empire stretched from Afghanistan to Bengal and from Kashmir down to the tamil region in the south
- Mughal rule created a uniform, centralized administration over the entire country
- Mughals left behind a heritage of great architecture, literature and art which has enriched India