IQAir’s 2021 World Air Quality Report: Delhi world’s most polluted capital:
- New Delhi has been ranked the world’s most polluted capital city for the second consecutive year as per IQAir’s 2021 World Air Quality Report.
- New Delhi is followed by Dhaka (Bangladesh), N’Djamena (Chad), Dushanbe (Tajikistan) and Muscat (Oman) as the top five most polluted capital cities respectively
EX-DUSTLIK between Indian and Uzbekistan armies begins:
- The 3rd edition of the joint training exercise named EX-DUSTLIK between the Indian army and Uzbekistan army.
- Uzbekistan Capital: Tashkent
- Uzbekistan President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Uzbekistan Currency: Uzbekistani soʻm
Knight Frank: India Placed 51st in Global House Price Index Q4 2021:
- India has improved its rank by five spots to be placed at 51st position in the ‘Global House Price Index Q4 2021’ released by property consultant Knight Frank.
West Bengal celebrated ‘Dol Utsav’ or ‘Dol Jatra’:
- West Bengal celebrated the ‘Dol Utsav’ or ‘Dol Jatra’, the festival of colours, marking the onset of the spring season.
- West Bengal Capital: Kolkata
- West Bengal Governor: Jagdeep Dhankha
- West Bengal Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
9th India-Seychelles Joint Military Exercise ‘LAMITIYE-2022’ begins:
- The 9th edition of the Joint Military Exercise ‘LAMITIYE-2022’ between the Indian Army and Seychelles Defence Forces (SDF) was held from March 22 to 31, 2022 at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA).
- Seychelles Capital: Victoria
- Seychelles President: Wavel Ramkalawan
- Seychelles Continent: Africa
Shaheed Diwas or Martyrs’ Day Observed On 23rd March:
- Every year, the Nation was observed on March 23rd as Martyrs Day (Shaheed Diwas or Sarvodaya Day).
- Also, 30 January is observed as Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Diwas in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
World Meteorological Day 2022:
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated globally on March 23rd every year. The day is celebrated as the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- This year World Meteorological Day is celebrated keeping the theme of Early Warning and Early Action.
- World Meteorological Organization Head: David Grimes.
March 22 observed as Bihar Day:
- Bihar Diwas 2022 marks the 110th anniversary of the state’s founding. The annual Bihar Diwas is no longer limited to festivities hosted by the state government.
75 Women felicitated by NITI Aayog at 5th Women Transforming India Awards:
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) of the NITI Aayog organised the 5th edition of the Women Transforming India Awards (WTI).
- As part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, to celebrate 75 years of India’s independence, the WTI Awards have been conferred 75 women achievers for their contribution towards a ‘Sashakt Aur Samarth Bharat’.
Lakshya Sen finishes runner-up; loses to Axelsen in final Of All England Championship’s:
- Lakshya Sen, who won bronze at the World Championships, placed second at the 2022 All England Open Badminton Championships after losing to world number one Viktor Axelsen.
- Only two Indians have ever won the prestigious All England Open Badminton Championships award:
- Prakash Padukone (1981)
- Pullela Gopichand (2001)
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Bernard Shaw of India – Annadurai
- Rousseau of india -Periyar
- Parrot of india -Amir Kusuru
- Iron Man of India -Padel