14th BRICS Summit: Members of BRICS take a similar stance on world economy:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said at a virtual summit of the five-nation grouping sponsored by China that the consequences of the Covid epidemic on the global economy are still apparent.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said at a virtual summit of the five-nation grouping sponsored by China that the consequences of the Covid epidemic on the global economy are still apparent and that cooperation among the BRICS countries can be a beneficial part of its recovery.
- The BRICS member nations, according to the prime minister, share a similar approach to managing the world economy.
Union Minister unveiled Seismology Observatory in Udhampur:
- Jitendra Singh, Union Minister for Jammu and Kashmir, officially opened the Seismology Observatory in the Dandayal neighbourhood of the Udhampur district.
- The Ministry of Earth Sciences spent 20 lakh rupees to establish the third such Center in J&K.
Vivatech 2020’ Conference: India recognized as ‘country of the year’:
- Europe’s biggest startup conference, “Vivatech 2020” has recognized India as the “country of the year.”
World Gold Council Report: India ranked 4th in global gold recycling:
- According to World Gold Council Report, India has emerged as the 4th largest recycler in the world and country has recycled 75 tonnes in 2021
Ookla Speedtest Global Index: India ranked 115th:
- The Speedtest Global Index released by network intelligence and connectivity insights provider Ookla showed that India recorded 14.28 Mbps median mobile download speeds in the month of May.
- The Speedtest Global Index released by network intelligence and connectivity insights provider Ookla showed that India recorded 14.28 Mbps median mobile download speeds in the month of May, slightly better than 14.19 Mbps in April 2022
First India-Nepal Bharat Gaurav tourist train flagged off:
- First Bharat Gaurav tourist train connecting places associated with the Ramayana Circuit in India and Nepal was flagged off from the Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi.
- India and Nepal was flagged off from the Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi. The Bharat Gaurav train carrying 500 tourists from India will arrive at the Janakpur Dham railway station in Nepal.
Jammu and Kashmir to host G-20 meetings in 2023:
- Jammu and Kashmir will host the 2023 meetings of the G20, an influential group of the world’s major economies.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal was appointed as India’s Sherpa for the G20 in September 2021.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, India will hold the G-20 presidency from December 1, 2022, and convene the first G20 leaders’ summit in 2023.
“BRO Cafes” to be established at 75 border areas in 12 states and UTs, Defense Ministry Approved:
- The Border Roads Organization will build 75 outlets along various route segments in 12 states and union territories under the name “BRO Cafes.”
- Defense Minister of India: Shri Rajnath Singh
- BRO: Border Roads Organization
India jump two spots to 104 in FIFA rankings:
- The Indian football team reaped a good harvest of its impressive Asian Cup qualification campaign as it gained two places to jump to 104th in the latest FIFA world rankings released.
- The Blue Tigers are placed just below New Zealand (103), who missed out on a 2022 FIFA World Cup spot after losing 0-1 to Costa Rica in the intercontinental play-off earlier this month.
- India’s ranking among Asian Football Confederation (AFC) members, however, still remained static at 19th place.
- FIFA President: Gianni Infantino;
- FIFA Founded: 21 May 1904;
- FIFA Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland.
Ranjit Bajaj named as chairman of the Advisory Committee overseeing AIFF:
- Entrepreneur Ranjit Bajaj has been named chairman of advisory committee to assist the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) which is running the day-to-day affairs of AIFF.
- Bajaj, who owned former I-League club Minerva Punjab before it was sold to RoundGlass in 2020, will be the chairman of the advisory committee and integrity matters.
- All India Football Federation Headquarters location: New Delhi;
- All India Football Federation Founded: 23 June 1937;
- All India Football Federation FIFA affiliation: 1948.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- The Hindu Widow Remarriage Act 1856 Legalised widow remarriage.
- The Hindu Marriage Act 1955 States that the marriageable age for women is 21. The Hindu Succession Act 1956 Ensures the right to women to inherit their parental property. The Dowry Prohibition Act 1961 Provides drastic punishments for those ill-treating the bride in thename of dowry.