Hottest place on earth:
- Kuwait becomes hottest place on earth, records 53.2 degree Celsius
- Kuwait reached a scorching temperature of 53.2 degrees Celsius (127.7 degrees Fahrenheit), making it among the hottest places on earth.
- Kuwait Capital: Kuwait City
- Kuwait Currency: Kuwaiti dinar
Pushkar Singh Dhami takes oath as 11th CM of Uttarakhand:
- Pushkar Singh Dhami has taken oath as 11th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. He will take over the reins of the state for the second time in a row.
Nagaland became first paperless assembly by implementing e-Vidhan application:
- Nagaland has created history by becoming the first State Assembly in the country to implement the National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA) programme to become completely paperless.
- Nagaland Capital: Kohim
- Nagaland Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Nagaland Governor: Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
Kerala becomes first state to introduce carbon-neutral farming methods:
- Kerala is set to become the first state in the country to introduce carbon-neutral farming methods.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijaya
IIT Madras established Policy Centre along with AquaMAP Water Management:
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras builds a new interdisciplinary water management and policy centre known as ‘AquaMAP’ to address India’s water issues.
Ministry of Civil Aviation & FICCI organized ‘WINGS INDIA 2022’ in Hyderabad:
- Ministry of Civil Aviation (MOCA) and FICCI are jointly organizing Asia’s largest event on Civil Aviation (Commercial, General and Business Aviation), titled ‘WINGS INDIA 2022’.
- The theme of the event: [email protected]: New Horizon for Aviation Industry.
- FICCI Founded: 1927
- FICCI Headquarters: New Delhi
- FICCI President: Sanjiv Meht
- FICCI Secretary General: Dilip Cheno
- FICCI Director-General: Arun Chawla
TAMIL NADU NEWS
Tamil Nadu’s Narasingapettai Nagaswaram got geographical identification tag:
- Geographical Indication tag has been awarded to the Narasingapettai Nagaswaram under the category of musical instruments of class 15.
- Narasinghapettai nagaswaram is a classical wind music instrument that is traditionally made in a village near Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu.
World Tuberculosis Day observed on 24th March:
- The theme of World TB Day 2022 – ‘Invest to End TB. Save Lives.’
- The date marks the day in 1882 when Dr Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is the WHO’s Director-General.
- WHO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
International Day for the Right to the Truth: 24th March:
- International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims every year.
Abel prize for 2022: American mathematician Dennis P. Sullivan:
- The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has awarded the Abel Prize for the year 2022 to American Mathematician Dennis Parnell Sullivan.
- The citation mentions that the award has been given, “For his groundbreaking contributions to topology in its broadest sense, and in particular its algebraic, geometric and dynamical aspects.”
- Devendra Jhajharia became 1st para-athlete to receive Padma Bhushan
- Devendra Jhajharia became the first para-athlete to receive the Padma Bhushan award.
- He has won many Paralympic medals, including gold at the 2004 Paralympics in Athens and 2016 Rio Games, and a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- India’s highest peak – Godwin Austin
- The highest peak in South India – Anaimudi
- The highest peak in Tamil Nadu – Thottapetta