First wildlife bond issued by World Bank to save Africa’s black rhino:
- The World Bank (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, IBRD) has issued the Wildlife Conservation Bond (WCB).
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank Formation: July 1944
- World Bank President: David Malpas
Malaysia to host 4 nations for Bersama Shield 2022 military exercise:
- Malaysia to host 4 nations for Bersama Shield 2022 military exercise:
- Malaysia will host armed forces from 4 nations namely, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom in the annual Bersama Shield 2022 training exercise.
- Malaysia Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia Currency: Malaysian ringgit
- Malaysia Prime Minister: Ismail Sabri Yaakob
Indian Psychiatric Society national conference begins in Visakhapatnam:
- The 73rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society (ANCIPS) has been organized in Visakhapatnam from today to the 26th of March.
Government set the target to create 220 new airports by 2025:
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia stated on Wednesday that the Government has set a target of building 220 new airports by 2025.
- “Cargo flights for perishable food items will be boosted by 30% in the next few years, with 133 new flights,” he stated.
Yogi Adityanath take Oath as UP Chief Minister for 2nd Term:
- Yogi Adityanath takes oath as chief minister of Uttar Pradesh for his second term in office.
International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members 2022:
- The United Nations observes the International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members on 25 March every year.
- The International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is marked each year on the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett, a former journalist who was working for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) when he was abducted by armed gunman in 1985. His body was finally found in Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley in 2009.
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2022:
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is marked on 25 March.
- 2022 Theme: “Stories of Courage: Resistance to Slavery and Unity against Racism”.
Hisashi Takeuchi named as MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki:
- Hisashi Takeuchi (from Japan) has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Maruti Suzuki.
- Maruti Suzuki Founded: 1982, Gurugram
- Maruti Suzuki Headquarters: New Delhi
Mario Marcel wins the Governor of the year award 2022:
- Mario Marcel, the Governor of the Central Bank of Chile, has won the Governor of the year award at the Central Banking Awards 2022.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- India’s first Finance Minister – Shanmugam Chetty
- First President of India – Rajendra Prasad
- India’s first Prime Minister – Nehru