Global Liveability Index 2022 released:
- The annual ranking of the world’s most liveable cities has just been released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), and 2022’s Global Liveability Index shows some marked differences from the previous
- 2022’s Global Liveability Index: The top 10
- Vienna, Austria
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Calgary, Canada
- Vancouver, Canada
- 10 LEAST LIVEABLE CITIES AROUND THE WORLD IN 2022:
- Tehran, Iran
- Douala, Cameroon
- Harare, Zimbabwe
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Port Moresby, PNG
- Economist Intelligence Unit Headquarters: London, United Kingdom;
- Economist Intelligence Unit Founded: 1946;
- Economist Intelligence Unit Managing Director: Robin Bew.
Sri Lanka raises fuel prices as it prepares for economic catastrophe:
- During its greatest economic crisis since its independence in 1948, Sri Lanka hiked its fuel costs, adding to the suffering of the populace. US comes to aid.
- Diesel, which is frequently used in public transportation, has seen a price increase of 15% to 460 rupees ($1.27) per litre, while gasoline has seen a price increase of 22% to 550 rupees ($1.52) per litre, according to Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC).
- Energy Minister of Sri Lanka: Kanchana Wijesekera
- Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of Sri Lanka: Ranil Wickremesinghe
UN Ocean Conference 2022: Dr. Jitendra Singh to go to Lisbon:
- Jitendra Singh, Minister of State, left for Portugal to attend the Lisbon UN Ocean Conference, 2022. The Conference will have participants from more than 130 nations.
- Ministry of Science and Technology, Minister of state Ministry of earth science, GoI: Dr. Jitendra Singh
IAF to join Egyptian Air Force in Tactical Leadership Program:
- Indian Air Force announced that three Su-30 MKI planes and two C-17 transport aircraft are taking part in a month-long tactical leadership programme in Egypt.
- In Egypt (Cairo West Airbase), the Indian Air Force would send three Su-30MKI aircraft, two C-17 aircraft, and 57 IAF personnel to the Egyptian Air Force Weapon School to take part in a tactical leadership programme.
- Chief of the Air Staff / Air Force Chief: Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
Piyush Goyal: Indian GDP might reach $30 trillion in coming 30 years:
- India’s economy, according to Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal, is among the fastest-growing in the world and is predicted to reach $30 trillion.
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister, GoI: Shri Piyush Goyal
- Union Finance Minister, GOI: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Odisha, ‘Mo Bus’ Service received the prestigious UN Public Service Award:
- Mo Bus, Odisha-based public transport service has been honored with a prestigious United Nations award, for their role and efforts in helping the world recover better from Covid19.
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar;
- Odisha Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik;
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
Ranji Trophy 2022: Madhya Pradesh beats Mumbai by six wickets:
- Madhya Pradesh wrote history as they won their maiden Ranji Trophy title, beating tournament heavyweights Mumbai by 6 wickets in the final at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
Cyclist Ronaldo, first Indian cyclist to win silver at Asian Championship:
- At Asian Track Championship, by placing second in the sprint race on the final day of. Asian Track Championship in this city, Ronaldo Singh made cycling history
Anil Khanna named as the acting President of IOA:
- Anil Khanna has been appointed the acting President of Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day: 27 June
- Recognising the potential of the MSME and their role in strengthening economies, June 27 is celebrated as the Micro-Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day.
United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture 2022:
- The United Nations General Assembly on December 12, 1997, adopted a resolution to proclaim June 26 as the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- The aims of the Day are to promote the abolition of torture, support victims, and promote human rights.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Farazi movement launched by Haji Shariatullah in 1818, in the parts of eastern Bengal
- The Temple Entry Movement.8 January 1933 was observed as ‘Temple Entry Day’