Togo and Gabon become Commonwealth Association members:
- Commonwealth of Nations now has 56 member nations after the admission of Togo and Gabon. The two historically French-speaking nations were formally admitted.
- According to Patricia Scotland, the organization’s secretary-general, admission is determined by evaluations of a number of standards, including the democratic process, effective leadership, and rule of law
- Commonwealth Association Secretary-General: Patricia Scotland
- President of Rwanda: Paul Kagame
- President of Gabon: Ali Bongo
- President of Togo: Faure Gnassingbé
Largest bacteria in the world discovered in Caribbean mangrove swamp:
- In Caribbean mangrove swamp, researchers found the largest bacterium known to science. While the majority of bacteria are tiny, this is so large that it can be seen with naked eye.
Goa celebrates ‘Sao Joao’ festival 2022:
- The people of Goa has celebrated the Sao Joao festival, the feast of St John the Baptist with traditional enthusiasm after a two-year coronavirus-induced gap.
- Goa Governor: P.S. Sreedharan Pillai;
- Goa Chief minister: Pramod Sawant.
IN-SPACe authorises India’s first set of space start-ups to launch payloads:
- The Indian Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) has started authorising Indian private firms, marking the beginning of private space sector launches in India.
- IN-SPACe is an autonomous, single window nodal agency; formed to promote, authorise, monitor and supervise the space activities of non-governmental private entities (NGPEs) in India.
- In-SPACe the headquarters in Ahmedabad.
Tata Power commissions India’s largest floating solar power project:
- Tata Power Solar Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power, has accomplished a remarkable feat by commissioning India’s largest floating solar power project in Kayamkulam, Kerala.
- Tata Power Solar successfully built a scaffolding platform on the water body to make the entire solar plant float on water.
- Tata Power Solar Systems Headquarters: Mumbai;
- Tata Power Solar Systems Founded: 1989.
India successfully conducts VL-SRSAM missile test off the coast of Odisha:
- Off the coast of Chandipur, in the state of Odisha, India successfully tested the Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM).
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Indian Navy successfully conducted flight tests for the Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). Off the coast of Chandipur, Odisha, the launch was carried out from an Indian Naval Ship.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral R. Hari Kumar
- Minister of Defence: Shri Rajnath Singh
Award programme for Hindi-language authors of books Results for 2020–21:
- An Award scheme for writing books originally in Hindi on Economics/Banking/Financial issues was introduced by Reserve Bank of India. Its results are declared.
- The decision was made to jointly reward Professor Renu Jatana, a former dean of Mohanlal Sukhadia University in Udaipur, Rajasthan, and Dr. Sagar Sanwariya, an assistant professor at Government Girl’s College in Nathdwara, Rajasthan, under this programme for their book Vittiye Prabhand.
Vijay Amritraj honoured with Golden Achievement Award by ITF:
- Indian tennis great, Vijay Amritraj has been named the 2021 recipient of the Golden Achievement Award by the International Tennis Hall of Fame and International Tennis Federation. International Tennis Federation Headquarters: London, United Kingdom;
- International Tennis Federation Founded: 1 March 1913;
- International Tennis Federation President: David Haggerty.
IRS Officer Nitin Gupta named as the new chairman of CBDT:
- IRS officer Nitin Gupta has been appointed as the new Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) chairman.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Founded: 1963;
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Chairman: Nitin Gupta;
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Minister responsible: Ministry of Finance.
Parameswaran Iyer appointed as CEO of NITI Aayog:
- Parameswaren Iyer has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog.
- NITI Aayog Founded: 1 January 2015;
- NITI Aayog Preceding: Planning Commission ( 15 March 1950)
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi;
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi;
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson: Suman K Bery;
- NITI Aayog comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Tapan Kumar Deka appointed as new Director of Intelligence Bureau:
- The Central government has appointed senior IPS officer Tapan Kumar Deka as Director of Intelligence Bureau.
- Intelligence Bureau Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Intelligence Bureau Formed: 1887.
PER DAY ONE INFO
Tamil Nadu Schemes:
- Kanyakumari is the first district in Tamil Nadu in terms of food consumption and nutritional aspects.
- 2013 was the National Early Childhood Care and Education (NECCE) Policy launched.
- The first state in India to introduce a pension scheme for third genders is Tamil Nadu