HURUN Global U40 Self-Made Billionaires 2022: India ranks 4th:
- Hurun Research Institute has released the Hurun Global Forty and Under Self-Made Billionaires 2022.
- The Hurun Report 2022 lists 87 Self-Made Billionaires in the world aged 40 and under, which is up by 8 from last year.
India’s Namit Malhotra on Oscars win for Dune:
- This win was a proud moment for India as Namit Malhotra, the CEO and Chairman of Double Negative (DNEG), the studio that did the VFX for the film, brought home this honour.
- DNEG Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- DNEG Founded: 1998, London, United Kingdom
President Kovind Confers National Water Awards 2022:
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has presented the 3rd National Water Awards in New Delhi.
- The first National Water Award was launched in 2018, by the Jal Shakti Ministry.
- A total of 57 National Water Awards for 2022 have been conferred to states, organizations and others in 11 different categories.
- Uttar Pradesh has been awarded first prize, followed by Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
- The 2022 ‘Catch the Rain’ campaign will be implemented till November 30, 2022.
- The ‘Best District’ awards for the north zone was bagged by Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh) and Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar (Punjab)
- In the “Best Village Panchayat” Category:Vellaputhur Panchayat, Chengalpattu District, Tamil Nadu
Museum of all former Prime Ministers of India inaugurates soon:
- A museum of all former Prime Ministers, Pradhan Mantri Sangrahalaya (the Museum of Prime Ministers), has been built at Teen Murti Estate, in Delhi.
- The Rs. 270 crore project will be inaugurated on April 14, 2022, at the Teen Murti Bhavan complex which was the residence of ex-PM Jawaharlal Nehru.
Piyush Goyal inaugurates Indian Jewellery Exposition Centre building in Dubai:
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the Indian Jewellery Exposition Centre (IJEX) building in Dubai.
SIDBI partnered with Meghalaya to grow the MSME ecosystem:
- SIDBI, a financial institution for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, has announced that it has signed a MoU with the Government of Meghalaya’s MiDFC
The men’s and women’s team has won gold in the National Cross Country Championship:
- In Kohima ,Nagaland, India, on March 27. Darshan Singh of the Services and Varsha Devi of the Railways finally defended their men’s and women’s titles in the National Cross Country Championships.
Shashi Sinha named as new Chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council India:
- The board of Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India has elected IPG Mediabrands India CEO Shashi Sinha as the new chairman.
- Broadcast Audience Research Council Founded: 2010
- Broadcast Audience Research Council Headquarters: Mumbai
- Broadcast Audience Research Council CEO: Nakul Chopra
Himanta Biswa Sarma re-elected as President of Badminton Association Of India:
- The incumbent president of the Badminton Association of India (BAI), Himanta Biswa Sarma has been re-elected unopposed for a second four years term, from 2022 to 2026.
- Badminton Association of India Founded: 1934
- Badminton Association of India Headquarters: New Delhi
A book titled ‘Spoorthi Pradatha Sri Somayya’ authored by K Syam Prasad:
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, released a book titled ‘Spoorthi Pradatha Sri Somayya’ authored by Syam Prasad.
- The book is based on the life story of late Shri Somepalli Somaiah, a social worker from Andhra Pradesh. He inspired youth to dedicate their lives to social welfare.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Who started the Self-Respect Movement: Periyar
- Who started the Suthantheera Party; Rajaji
- Who introduced the k2 scheme: Kamarajar