Yair Lapid takes over as 14th Prime Minister of Israel:
- Leader of Yesh Atid Party, Yair Lapid has been officially became the 14th prime minister of Israel, after replacing the Naftali Benett.
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem;
- Israel Currency: New Shekel;
- Israel President: Isaac Herzog.
Singapore’s T. Raja Kumar is new president of FATF:
- Raja Kumar of Singapore has been appointed as the president of Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- FATF Headquarters: Paris, France;
- FATF Purpose: Combat money laundering and terrorism financing;
- FATF Founded: 1989.
Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on US Supreme Court:
- The United States made history as Ketanji Brown Jackson was sworn in as the first Black woman to serve on the Supreme Court.
UN projected India’s urban population to be 675 million in 2035:
- According to a UN report, India’s urban population is expected to reach 675 million in 2035, ranking second to China’s urban population of one billion people.
Indian Army Organises Suraksha Manthan-2022:
- The Desert Corps of the Indian Army organised the “Suraksha Manthan 2022”, on aspects of Border & Coastal Security at Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
Vivek Express: Indian Railway’s longest Train Route:
- Vivek Express joining Dibrugarh, Assam to Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu is the longest train route of Indian railways and it ranks 24th in the world. Read the full article to know more details.
- The Vivek Express holds the title of the longest train route in the country which runs from Dibrugarh in Assam to Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu.
- It covers 4247 km of distance and nine States
QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2023: Mumbai tops in India:
- According to the QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2023, released by global higher education consultancy Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), Mumbai ranked at 103 has emerged as India’s highest-ranked student city
- Rank 1 – London (UK)
- Rank 2 – Munich (Germany)
- Rank 2 – Seoul (South Korea)
- Rank 4 – Zurich (Switzerland)
- Rank 5 – Melbourne (Australia)
- Rank 51 – Dubai (UAE)
- Rank 103 – Mumbai (India)
- Rank 114 –Bengaluru (India)
- Rank 125 – Chennai (India)
- Rank 129 – New Delhi (India)
Government authorised SBI to issue and en-cash electoral bonds
- The government gave its approval for the 21st tranche of electoral bonds to be issued, and the bonds’ sales. In an effort to increase openness.
Grand Hackathon: 3 day event launched by Shri Piyush Goyal:
- Piyush Goyal has virtually kicked off a three-day Grand Hackathon that the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) is hosting in association with NABARD.
- Minister of Textiles, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution: Shri Piyush Goyal
NTPC Commissions India’s largest floating solar power project in Telangana:
- NTPC Ltd has declared the Commercial Operations Date (COD) of the last part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project in Telangana.
- NTPC Ltd Founded: 7 November 1975;
- NTPC Ltd Headquarters: New Delhi, India
PSLV-C53 rocket carrying three Singapore satellites launched by ISRO:
- Three Singaporean satellites were successfully launched by Indian Space Research Organisationas part of a commercial mission for the New Space India Limited.
- Tata Play has been given a lease on the satellite, which will give DTH services coverage over all of India.
In The Diamond League competition, Neeraj Chopra wins the silver medal:
- At the renowned Diamond League competition in Stockholm , Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won his first-ever medal after breaking his own national mark twice in a month.
- The Diamond League is an annual collection of the top fourteen invitational athletics meetings for track and field competitions.
- The World Athletics (formerly known as the IAAF) one-day meeting contests place the series at the top of the standings.
- The first season began in 2010.
International Plastic Bag Free Day 2022: 03 July
- The International Plastic Bag Free Day is held on July 3 around the world to spread awareness that a plastic bag free world.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Tamil Nadu -Karagattam, Oyillattam, Kummi, Therukoothu, Bommalattam, Puliattam, Kolattam, Thappattam
- Kerala- Theyyam and Mohiniattam
- Punjab -Bhangra
- Jammu and Kashmir -Dumhal
- Gujarat – Garba and Dandia
- Rajasthan – Kalbelia and Ghoomer
- Uttar Pradesh- Raaslila and Chholiya
- Assam- Bihu