Abania Elects General Major Bajram Begaj as New President:
- Albania’s parliament has elected a top military official, General Major Bajram Begaj as its new president after no candidates were nominated in three rounds of voting.
- The outgoing President Ilir Meta signed the decree on Begaj’s dismissal as Chief of General Staff of the AAF.
- Albania Capital: Tirana
- Albania Currency: Albanian lek
- Albania Prime Minister: Edi Rama
NATO conducts naval exercises in Baltic Sea with NATO allies and partners:
- S.-led naval exercise in the Baltic Sea, more than 7,000 sailors, airmen, and marines from 16 nations, including two aspiring NATO members, Finland and Sweden, began a nearly two-week.
- However, NATO stated that “with both Sweden and Finland participating, NATO is embracing the opportunity in an unpredictable world to increase its combined force resilience and strength” in collaboration with two Nordic aspirant countries.
Kiya.ai launches India’s first banking metaverse Kiyaverse:
- ai, a digital solutions provider serving financial institutions and governments globally, announced the launch of India’s first-ever banking metaverse “Kiyaverse”.
- In the first phase, Kiyaverse will allow banks to extend their own metaverse for clients, partners, and employees, through services that will include Relationship Manager & Peer Avatars and Robo-advisors.
- ai MD and CEO: Rajesh Mirjankar;
- ai HQ: Mumbai.
India & Canada inked MoU on Climate Action for Stronger Cooperation:
- On the sidelines of the Stockholm+50 summit, Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav and his Canadian colleague Steven Guilbeault signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
Bloomberg Billionaires list: Mukesh Ambani richest in Asia:
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman and Managing Director, Mukesh Ambani has regained the position of India as well as Asia’s richest man, replacing Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani.
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Ambani who has a net worth of $99.7 billion added $9.69 billion in 2022.
- Mr Ambani is followed by Gautam Adani on the global billionaire list. Adani is ranked ninth with Net worth $98.7 billion in the Bloomberg Billionaire index.
THE Asia University Rankings 2022: 4 Indian institutions in top 100:
- Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2022 was released by the Times Higher Education (THE).
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Banglore continued to be the best institute of the country. It ranked at 42nd place.
Rajasthan CM introduced Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the State for Sportspersons:
- Rajasthan Chief Minister(CM) Ashok Gehlot has announced that the state government is set to introduce the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award to the State’s sportspersons
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot; Governor: Kalraj Mishra.
Zulfiquar Hasan appointed as the New DG of BCAS:
- In this article, we have included the new appointment of new DG in BCAS and SSB.
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security works under the Ministry of Civil Aviation, India. It is a regulatory body for Civil Aviation Security in India and it is headed by the Director-General of Police
- The designated DG of police in BCAS is The Director-General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
World Food Safety Day 2022 Observed on 7th June
- World Food Safety Day is celebrated globally on June 7 every year as per the World Health Organization (WHO).
- World Food Safety Day aims to transform food systems to deliver better health sustainably and prevent foodborne diseases. This day also provides an opportunity to strengthen efforts to ensure that the food we eat is safe and reduce the burden of foodborne illnesses globally.
- This year, the theme is ‘Safer food, better health’. WHO also launched a campaign to inspire global participation.
- World Health Organization Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland;
- World Health Organization Founded: 7 April 1948.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- China is the most populous country in the world.
- India is the second largest country.
- Tamil Nadu ranks eighth in literacy rate.