Iran successfully test fire second military satellite Noor-2:
- Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) successfully launched a military satellite, Noor-2, into orbit at an altitude of 500 kilometres (311 miles) from the earth.
- Iran Capital: Tehran
- Iran President: Ebrahim Raisi
- Iran Currency: Iranian rial.
40 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India 2022:
- There are 40 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India. Dholavira and Ramappa Temple are the latest addition to the list under the ‘Cultural’ category.
- This decision was made in the UNESCO World Heritage Committee’s 44th session held in China. In 2021 the total number of World Heritage Sites has increased from 38 to 40.
- List of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India:
- No Name of Sites Year Location
- 1 Ajanta Caves 1983 Maharashtra
- 2 Ellora Caves 1983 Maharashtra
- 3 Agra Fort 1983 Agra
- 4 Taj Mahal 1983 Agra
- 5 Sun Temple 1984 Orissa
- 6 Mahabalipuram Monuments 1984 Tamil Nadu
- 7 Kaziranga National Park 1985 Assam
- 8 Keoladeo National Park 1985 Rajasthan
- 9 Manas Wildlife Sanctuary 1985 Assam
- 10 Churches and Convents of Goa 1986 Goa
- 11 Monuments of Khajuraho 1986 Madhya Pradesh
- 12 Monuments of Hampi 1986 Karnataka
- 13 Fatehpur Sikri 1986 Agra
- 14 Elephanta Caves 1987 Maharashtra
- 15 Great Living Chola Temples 1987 Tamil Nadu
- 16 Pattadakal Monuments 1987 Karnataka
- 17 Sundarbans National Park 1987 West Bengal
- 18 Nanda Devi &Valley of Flowers National Park 1988 Uttarakhand
- 19 Monuments of Buddha 1989 Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
- 20 Humayun’s Tomb 1993 Delhi
- 21 Qutub Minar and its Monuments 1993 Delhi
- 22 Mountain Railways of Darjeeling, Kalka Shimla & Nilgiri – 1999 Darjeeling
- 23 Mahabodhi Temple 2002 Bihar
- 24 Bhimbetka Rock Shelters 2003 Madhya Pradesh
- 25 Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus 2004 Maharashtra
- 26 Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological Park 2004 Gujarat
- 27 Red Fort 2007 Delhi
- 28 Jantar Mantar 2010 Delhi
- 29 Western Ghats 2012 Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra
- 30 Hill Forts 2013 Rajasthan
- 31 Rani Ki Vav (The Queen’s Stepwell) 2014 Gujarat
- 32 Great Himalayan National Park 2014 Himachal Pradesh
- 33 Nalanda 2016 Bihar
- 34 Khangchendzonga National Park 2016 Sikkim
- 35 Architectural Work of Le Corbusier (Capitol Complex) 2016 Chandigarh
- 36 The Historic City 2017 Ahmedabad
- 37 Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles 2018 Mumbai
- 38 The Pink City 2019 Jaipur
- 39 Kakatiya Rudreshwara (Ramappa)Temple 2021 Telangana
- 40 Dholavira 2021 Gujarat
Priyanka Nutakki becomes the 23rd Woman Grandmaster of India:
- 19-year-old Priyanka Nutakki has secured her final WGM-norm at MPL’s forty-seventh National Women Chess Championship.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveils the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a tall statue of great Maratha warrior Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He also launched a 12-km stretch of 32.2-km-long metro rail project at a total cost of more than ₹ 11,400 crores in Pune.
- Pune Metro is the first project in India to have aluminium body coaches, indigenously manufactured under the ‘Make in India’.
Freedom of the World 2022 report: India ranked ‘partly free’:
- For the second consecutive year, India has been termed as ‘partly free’ country in terms of democracy and free society, according to the annual report.
- Report titled “Freedom in the World 2022 – The Global Expansion of Authoritarian Rule”by Freedom House, a US-based NGO that ‘assesses political rights and civil liberties.
- India scored 66 out of 100 in 2022. The country had scored 67 in 2021. India was a free country till 2020 when its score was 71.
Ministry of Culture organise PAN-India programme “Jharokha”:
- Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Textiles are organising a programme called “Jharokha-Compendium of Indian handicraft/ handloom, art and culture” to celebrate the traditional Indian handicrafts.
C-DAC installed “PARAM Ganga” Supercomputer at IIT Roorkee:
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has designed and commissioned a supercomputer named “PARAM Ganga”, at IIT Roorkee.
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has designed and installed a supercomputer named “PARAM Ganga”, at IIT Roorkee, under Phase II of National Supercomputing Mission (NSM). PARAM Ganga has a supercomputing capacity of 1.66 Petaflops
NMDC receives 1st prize in Ispat Rajbhasha Award for 2018-19 and 2020-21:
- National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd Country’s largest Iron Ore producer, a CPSE under Ministry of Steel received 1st prize in the Ispat Rajbhasha Award.
- NMDC Headquarters: Hyderabad
- NMDC Founded: 15 November 1958
President Kovind Presents ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ for 2020 and 2021
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind has conferred the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ for the years 2020 and 2021, on the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 08, 2022.
- Overall 29 women have been conferred the award for the years 2020 and 2021 in recognition of their outstanding and exceptional work towards the empowerment of women, especially the vulnerable and marginalised
- Jaya Muthu and Tejamma (Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu)2020 :The Nari Shakti Puraskar is awarded to them for their extraordinary contribution for preserving and promoting the age-old intricate Toda Embroidery of Nilgiris.
- Thara Rangaswamy (Chennai, Tamil Nadu)2021:The Nari Shakti Puraskar is awarded to her for her innovative and relentless efforts to create awareness about and cure for mental disorders.
DN Patel named as Chairperson of TDSAT 2022:
- The Central Government has appointed Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, as the Chairperson of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal(TDSAT).
- TDSAT Establishment: 2000
- TDSAT Headquarter: New Delhi
T Raja Kumar named President of the Financial Action Task Force:
- T Raja Kumar, a Singaporean, has been named president of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the world’s anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing agency
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Congress leader from Tamil Nadu.
- Who brought the CR FORMULA project.
- Who introduced the first sales tax in Asia.
- He was the first Chief Minister to be elected after the general election