Forex reserves decreased by USD 7.5 billion to USD 572.7 billion
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) most recent data shows that during the ending week of July 15, India’s foreign exchange reserves decreased by $7.5 billion.
- The reserves have dropped to their lowest level in 20 months, or since November 6, 2020, when they were $568 billion.
- The report showed that foreign currency assets, which decreased by $6.5 billion over the week, were the main cause of the reduction in foreign exchange reserves.
Kamal Haasan honoured by the UAE, obtains a Golden Visa:
- Kamal Haasan has been given the prestigious Golden Visa by the United Arab Emirates. The Golden Visa has been given to others besides actor Kamal Hasan.
- The Golden Visa has been given to others besides actor Kamal Hasan. Actors Nasser, Mammootty, Mohanlal, Tovino Thomas, Parthiepan, Amala Paul, and Shah Rukh Khan all have received it before Kamal Hasan.
HP becomes the 1st Indian state to connect all registered commercial vehicles:
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to connect all registered commercial vehicles equipped with Vehicle Location Tracking Device (VLTD).
- Himachal Pradesh Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter);
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur;
- Himachal Pradesh Governor: Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar.
Draupadi Murmu:15th President of India Takes the Oath:
- Draupadi Murmu took the Oath as the 15th president of India at the Central Hall of Parliament in the presence of PM Narendra Modi and other senior politicians.
- In the Central Hall of the Parliament, Draupadi Murmu administered the Oath by Chief Justice of India N.V. Ramana. The ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other senior politicians.
Ravinder Takkar to be replaced by Akshaya Moondra as CEO of Vodafone Idea:
- Vodafone Idea, a telecom Company, said that Akshay Moondra, who currently serves as chief financial officer, has been promoted to CEO with effect from August 19.
- Vodafone Founder: Gerry Whent and Ernest Harrison
- Vodafone CEO: Ravindra Takkar (Akshaya Moondra to take charge soon)
Neeraj Chopra wins a silver medal in the javelin at the world championships:
- Neeraj Chopra makes history by winning silver in the World Athletics Championships for the first time ever. Neeraj Chopra grinned after his 88.13m throw in the fourth round.
- His greatest throw in the men’s javelin throw final in Eugene, US, allowed him to move into the provisional podium spot in second place, which helped to lessen the tension.
First Khelo India Fencing Women’s League to begin on July 25, 2022:
- The first Khelo India Fencing Women’s League, which will begin on 25 July, 2022, will be hosted by Talkatora Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
- The first-of-its-kind national fencing competition for women will take place through the 29th of this month, according to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It will take place in three stages.
Aaykar Diwas or Income Tax Day celebrates by CBDT on July 24
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) observed the 162nd Income Tax Day (also known as Aaykar Diwas) on 24 July 2022.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes chairman: Nitin Gupta;
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Established: 1924;
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Headquarters: New Delhi
World Drowning Prevention Day: 25th July
- World Drowning Prevention Day is observed every year on July 25 and was established by the UN General Assembly Resolution “Global drowning prevention” from April 2021.
PER DAY ONE INFO
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Goa, Diu, Dam an (UT)