RBI approves Piramal Enterprises’ establishment of NBFC:
- RBI has given the organisation permission to begin conducting business as an NBFC to Piramal Enterprises. The licence is required to start an NBFC that does not accept public deposits.
- RBI has granted the company a certificate of registration allowing it to start operating as a non-banking financial institution without taking deposits from the general public.
- RBI Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Piramal Enterprises Founder: Ajay Piramal
- Piramal Enterprises CEO: Peter DeYoung
Indian Army received locally developed QRFV from Tata Advanced Systems:
- Tata Advanced Systems successfully delivered the locally developed QRFV to the Indian Army. The contract to provide QRFV-Med vehicles to the Indian Army was successfully completed.
- These armoured vehicles will increase the nation’s protector’s ability to fight in all weather and terrain situations and will offer protection while moving.
- Chief of Army Staff: General Manoj Pande
- Defence Minister of India: Rajnath Singh
Nokia awards Wipro a five-year contract for digital transformation
- Wipro Ltd., a company with its headquarters in Bengaluru, announced the signing of a new, five-year contract for digital transformation with Nokia of Finland.
- Wipro Founder: H. Hasham Premji
- Wipro CEO: Thierry Delaporte
- Wipro Chairman: Azim Premji
- Nokia Founder: Fredrik Idestam, Eduard Polón and Leo Mechelin
- Nokia Chairman: Sari Baldauf
- Nokia Headquarter: Espoo, Finland
GoI Designates 5 New Ramsar Sites, taking total number to 54:
- With this, the total number of Ramsar sites in the country have been increased from 49 to 54 Ramsar sites.
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav said, “Delighted to inform that 5 more Indian wetlands have got Ramsar recognition as wetlands of international importance.”
World Airport Traffic Dataset 2021: New Delhi among top 20 busiest airports
- The Airports Council International (ACI) World has released the annual World Airport Traffic Dataset 2021.
- Airports Council International Headquarters location: Montreal, Canada;
- Airports Council International Founded: 1991.
India’s Indermit Gill named as World Bank’s Chief Economist:
- The international financial institution, World Bank has appointed Indermit Gill, as its chief economist and senior vice-president for development economics at the multilateral development bank.
Russia decides to leave the International Space Station after 2024:
- President Vladimir Putin was informed by the newly appointed head of Moscow’s space agency that Russia has made the decision to leave the International Space Station after 2024.
- The declaration comes amid heightened hostilities between Moscow and the West over Moscow’s military action in Ukraine and several rounds of previously unheard-of sanctions against Russia.
- Roscosmos Chief: Yury Borisov
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin
- Ukraine President: Volodymyr Zelenskyy
AR Rahman unveils anthem ‘Vanakkam Chennai’ for 44th International Chess Olympiad:
- Grammy and Oscar-winning music composer, AR Rahman has come up with the ‘Vanakkam Chennai’ (Welcome Anthem) for the upcoming International Chess Olympiad, 2022.
- The music video also features director Shankar’s daughter as a Bharatanatyam artiste. The terrific music video has been praised by netizens for showing the culture of Tamil Nadu impressively.
India will host ICC Women’s ODI World Cup 2025
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has confirmed that India will host the ICC Women’s ODI World Cup 2025.
- The hosts were selected via a competitive bidding process overseen by a Board sub-committee chaired by Martin Snedden along with Clare Connor, Sourav Ganguly and Ricky Skerritt.
International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem:
- International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem is observed every year on July 26.
- The day is observed to raise awareness of the importance of mangrove ecosystems as “a unique, special and vulnerable ecosystem” and to promote solutions for their sustainable management, conservation and uses.
PER DAY ONE INFO
S.K. Dhar committee :
- Constituted in June 1948.
- Submitted the report in December 1948.
- This committee rejected the concept of reorganization of state based on language.
Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates