Govt nod for setting up WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the establishment of a World Health Organization Global Centre for Traditional Medicine (WHO GCTM) at Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- WHO Established: 7 April 1948
- WHO Director General: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
Skoch State of Governance ranking 2021: Andhra Pradesh gets first rank
- Andhra Pradesh has retained its number one spot in the SKOCH State of Governance rankings for the second consecutive year.
- Andhra Pradesh was ranked at second position in 2018 and later it slipped to 4th position in 2019, according to Skoch.
- In 2020 too, Andhra Pradesh bagged top rank in governance.
3rd National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) begins in New Delhi:
- The 3rd edition of the National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) has been organised jointly by the Lok Sabha Secretariat and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on March 10 and 11, 2022.
Union Minister of Power launches Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center:
- As part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Program, Union Minister for Power R.K. Singh launched the Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center (SGKC) and Innovation Park.
Top 10 Tourist Places in India 2022:
S. No Name Year Location
- Taj Mahal 1648 Agra
- Hawa Mahal 1799 Jaipur
- Qutb Minar 1193 Delhi
- Jim Corbett National Park 1936 Ramnagar
- Harmandir Sahib 16th century Amritsar
- Sun Temple 13th century Konark
- Ellora Caves 6th-12th century Aurangabad
- Ajanta Caves 5th-6th century Aurangabad
- Khajuraho Temples 11th century Khajuraho, MP
- Humayun’s Tomb 1570 AD New Delhi
Karnataka government launched ‘[email protected]’ programme:
- The government of Karnataka has launched ‘[email protected]’ program to provide five lakh jobs within 2026 to women with necessary employable skills.
- Karnataka Capital: Bengaluru
- Karnataka Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Karnataka Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
CISF raising day observed every year on March 10:
- In the year 1969, the CISF was set up on March 10 and three battalions were formed under the CISF act 1968, which was passed by the Parliament of India.
- Since then, the day is celebrated as CISF Raising Day every year. Central Industrial Security Force, is for the central armed police force in India.
- It is one of the six paramilitary forces in India functioning under the Union Home Ministry.
International Day of Women Judges: 10 March
- March 10 marks the International Day of Women Judges and on this day, the United National reaffirms its commitment to develop.
Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar presented by Minister B Yadav:
- VRP, NSA for the performance year 2018 and National Safety Awards (Mines) for the contest years 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 were presented by Shri Bhupender Yadav.
- Since 1965, the Ministry of Labour & Employment has run the “Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP)” and “National Safety Awards (NSA)” programmes, and since 1983, the “National Safety Awards (Mines)” programme.
India finishes at the top in 2022 ISSF World Cup:
- India has taken first place in the medal standings at the ISSF World Cup 2022 in Cairo, organised by the International Shooting Sport Federation.
- By winning a total of seven medals, the Indian team took first place in the medals tally, with four gold, two silver, and one bronze.
- Norway took second place in the medals tally with six medals (three gold, one silver, and two bronze).
- France came in third place with three gold medals out of a total of twenty.
Sharad Pawar unveiled Ratnakar Shetty’s autobiography “On Board: My Years in BCCI”:
- A book titled “On Board: My Years in BCCI”, an autobiographical account of Ratnakar Shetty’s experiences as an administrator.
- The book was released by Sharad Pawar, the former president , BCCI and International Cricket Council.
- Shetty, a Chemistry professor by profession, went on to be the BCCI’s first Chief Administrative Officer after serving the Mumbai Cricket Association in various capacities.
PER DAY ONE INFO
- Real name: Kanakasabai Suppurattinam
- Special Name: Puratchi kavi
- Books: Pandian parisu,Kudumba vilaku, Alakin siripu, Irunta veetu
- Drama: Bisirantaiyar – Sahitya Akademi Award winning book.