Australian Open 2022: Rafael Nadal beats Daniil Medvedev
Rafael Nadal (Spain) has defeated Daniill Medvedev (Russia) to win the Men’s Singles title at the Australian Open 2022. This is his 21stMajor title, becoming the first male player to do so.
- Men’s Singles : Rafael Nadal
- Women’s Singles : Ashleigh Barty
- Men’s Doubles : Thanasi Kokkinakis and Nick Kyrgios
- Women’s Doubles : BarboraKrejčíková and KateřinaSiniaková
- Mixed Doubles : Kristina Mladenovic and Ivan Dodig
Uttar Pradesh wins best state tableau of Republic Day parade 2022
- The tableau of Uttar Pradesh has been picked as the best tableau among the 12 States/UTs which participated in the Republic Day parade on January 26, 2022.
- The theme of the tableau of Uttar Pradesh was ‘One District One Product and Kashi Vishwanath Dham’.
- The second place went to Karnataka for its tableau based on ‘cradle of traditional handicrafts’ while the third position went to Meghalaya for its tableau based on ‘Meghalaya’s 50 years of Statehood and its tribute to women-led cooperative societies & SHGs’.
Other winners of Republic Day parade 2022:
- Best marching contingent among three Services: Indian Navy
- Best marching contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces: Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- The tableaux of the ministry of education and the ministry of civil aviation have been declared as joint winners in the category of central ministries and departments. The theme of the tableau of the ministry of education and the ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship was ‘National Education Policy. The tableau of the ministry of civil aviation was based on the theme ‘Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik’.
Popular Choice Awards
The popular choice category award was introduced for the first time in 2022, wherein the general public was invited to vote for the best marching contingents and best tableaux through the MyGov platform. The online poll was conducted between January 25-31, 2022.
List of winners:
- Best state/UTs Tableau: Maharashtra (Theme ‘Biodiversity and State Bio-symbols of Maharashtra’.
- Best marching contingent among three Services: Indian Air Force;
- Best marching contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces: Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Central Ministry: Ministry of Communication/Department of Posts (Theme ‘India Post: 75 years @ Resolve – Women Empowerment’.)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled ‘Statue of Equality’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dedicated to the nation 216-feet tall‘Statue of Equality in Hyderabad to commemorate the 11th-century Bhakti saint Ramanujacharya.
- The statue has been conceptualised by Chinna Jeeyar Swami of Sri Ramanujacharya Ashram.
- The statue is made of ‘panchaloha’, a combination of five metals- gold, silver, copper, brass, and zinc. It is among one of the tallest metallic statues in sitting positions in the world.
- The 216-feet tall ‘Statue of Equality statue is mounted on a 54-feet high base building, called ‘BhadraVedi’.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pandit Jasraj Cultural Foundation
- On the occasion of the 92ndbirth anniversary of the Indian classical vocalist, Prime Minister Modi said that the World is entitled to benefit from Indian music like they have from Yoga.
The first geological park of India will be built in Lamheta, Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh
- The first geological park of India will be built in Lamheta, Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
- Park will be constructed with an investment of Rs 35 crores, over five-acre land.
The government is setting up the National Land Monetisation Corporation (NLMC)
- According to Economic Survey, the government is setting up the National Land Monetisation Corporation (NLMC) to carry out the monetization of the land and other non-core assets.
- The initial authorized share capital of NLMC will be Rs 5000 croresand subscribed share capital of ₹150 crores.
The United States was India’s top trading partner in the calendar year 2021
- The United States was India’s top trading partner in the calendar year 2021 with a trade of $112.3 billion. The US is followed by China on second. The value of trade between India and China was $110.4 billion.
- In 2020, China was India’s top trading partner and the US was in the second rank. In 2019 USA was India’s top trading partner and China was on second.
The 2022 Winter Olympics has kicked off on February 04, 2022, in Beijing, China
- The 2022 Winter Olympics has kicked off on February 04, 2022, in Beijing, China and will continue till February 20, 2022. The Opening Ceremony was held at Beijing’s National Stadium, also known as the Bird’s Nest.
- India had announced the diplomatic level boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics opening and closing ceremony. This means that no Indian officials will attend the opening and closing ceremony. However, the country has sent one of its athletes, Arif Khan (skier), to attend the event.
Punjab unveiled its election mascot, “Shera”
- Chief Electoral Officer’s office of Punjab unveiled its election mascot, “Shera” (Lion).
- The mascot “Shera”, depicting a lion. It represents the rich cultural heritage of Punjab
SmrithiVanam at the Municipal Park in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh
- Social activists have built a temple for Mahatma Gandhi and freedom fighters’ SmrithiVanam at the Municipal Park in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh to inculcate patriotism among the youth by remembering the sacrifices of freedom fighters.
Torgya Festival in Arunachal Pradesh
- The three days long Torgya Festival of the Monpa tribal community of Arunachal Pradesh is celebrated at Tawang Monastery, Arunachal Pradesh.
- The main attraction of the festival is the ‘Sha-na Cham’, the ritual dance performed by monks to showcase the Choe-Gyal Yap & Yum Tsa-Munde deity.
Xiomara Castro has been sworn in as the first female President of Honduras
- In Honduras, the Freedom and Refoundation Party (Libre) member Xiomara Castro has been sworn in as the first female President of the country.
- 56thPresident of Honduras.
North Korea successfully tested its Hwasong-12
- North Korea successfully tested its Hwasong-12 intermediate-range ballistic missile from the Jagang Province area. This was the first nuclear-capable missile testing undertaken by the country since 2017.
- The Hwasong-12 has an estimated range of 4,500 km (2,800 miles).
Antonio Costo has been re-elected the Prime Minister of Portugal
- The Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Costo has been re-elected after his centre-left Socialist Party secured a landslide victory in the 2022 Portuguese legislative election. Socialist Party bagged 117 seats in the 230 seats
World’s first hydrogen-powered flying boat ‘THE JET’ in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Dubai firm, THE JET ZeroEmission announced the launch of the World’s first hydrogen-powered flying boat ‘THE JET’ in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
China is celebrating “Year of the Tiger”
- China is celebrating the Spring Festival, it’s the most important annual festival as it entered the Lunar new “Year of the Tiger”.
- Last year was celebrated as the Lunar Year of the Ox.
- According to the Chinese Zodiac calendar, the Year of the Ox has ended and the Year of the Tiger has begun from February 1, 2022, and will end on January 21, 2023.
Meta has partnered with FICCI
- Social media giant Meta has partnered with industry body the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) to support five lakh women-led small businesses across India.
- Meta will undertake this initiative under its #SheMeansBusinessprogramme, in partnership with FICCI’s ‘Empowering the Greater 50%’ initiative.
GOI Joined hands with Israel
- The Government of India has joined hands with the Government of Israel to create 150 ‘Villages of Excellence’ in 12 States of the country, to help farmers to adopt the latest technology in the farm sector.
State Bank of India (SBI) has launched ‘Surya Shakti Cell’
- State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a dedicated centralized processing cell named ‘Surya Shakti Cell’ with the objective of strengthening the existing financing arrangement for solar power projects.
- SBI has collaborated with Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd. (a Tata Power Company) for financing solar power projects.
Vedanta Ltd has tied up a facility of Rs 8,000 crores (replacement facility) with Union Bank of India
- Vedanta Ltd has tied up a facility of Rs 8,000 crores (replacement facility) with Union Bank of India at 75% to take over the majority of the syndicated facility after discussions with lenders.
SBI MOU With IGNCA, NCF
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indira Gandhi Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and National Culture Fund (NCF) of the Ministry of Culture, for Development of Atmanirbhar Bharat Centre for Design (ABCD) at L1 Barrack, Red Fort, in Delhi.
Fearless Governance: Book by KiranBedi
- The book titled ‘Fearless Governance’ authored by DrKiranBedi has been released. She is the former Lt Governor of Puducherry and IPS (retd).
Operation Khatma: Book by RC Ganjoo and AshwiniBhatnagar
- A book titled ‘Operation Khatma’ has been released which is authored by journalists RC Ganjoo and AshwiniBhatnagar.
The Class of 2006:Sneak Peek into the Misadventures of the Great Indian Engineering Life: Book by AkashKansal
- India’s first-ever season style book titled ‘The Class of 2006: Sneak Peek into the Misadventures of the Great Indian Engineering Life’, written by AkashKansal
‘India, That is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilisation, Constitution’ is authored by J Sai Deepak
- A Trilogy book series titled, ‘India, That is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilisation, Constitution’ is authored by J Sai Deepak and published by Bloomsbury India.
‘Golden Boy Neeraj Chopra’ authored by sports author Navdeep Singh Gill
- A short biography of Indian athlete Neeraj Chopra has titled ‘Golden Boy Neeraj Chopra’ authored by sports author Navdeep Singh Gill has been released.
Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been portrayed as the superhero Atharva
- Virzu Studios in association with MIDAS Deals Pvt Ltd has released the motion poster of its upcoming graphic novel, Atharva – The Origin. Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been portrayed as the superheroAtharva in this graphic novel.
New Banknote Printing Lines
- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) has set up ‘new banknote printing lines’ at its Currency Note Press, Nashik and Bank Note Press, Dewas.
State Bank of India (SBI) has issued $300 million Formosa bonds
- State Bank of India (SBI) has issued $300 million Formosa bonds and listed the issuance on India INX GIFT IFSC.
- The lender is the first Indian entity to raise money through Formosa Bond, which is a bond issued in Taiwan.
Reserve Bank of India has imposed several restrictions on Indian Mercantile Cooperative Bank
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed several restrictions on Indian Mercantile Cooperative Bank Ltd, Lucknow, including a cap of Rs 1 lakh on withdrawals. The restrictions came into force from the closure of business hours on January 28, 2022.
PNB MOU with Patanjali
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) and PatanjaliAyurved Limited (PAL) have launched co-branded contactless credit cards in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The co-branded credit cards are offered on NPCI’s RuPay Platform and are available in two variants – PNB RuPay Platinum and PNB RuPay Select.
Non-Performing Asset (NPA) accounts worth Rs 82,845 crore
- As per SBI Chairman Dinesh Kumar Khara, National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL) or bad bank and IndiaDebt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL) are ready to commence operations.
- A total of 38 Non-Performing Asset (NPA) accounts worth Rs 82,845 crorehave been identified to be transferred to NARCL
RBI Cancels the Licence of Independence Co-operative Bank Ltd
- The Reserve Bank of India has cancelled the license of Independence Co-operative Bank Ltd.,Nashik, Maharashtra w.e.f February 03, 2022.
- The major reason for the cancellation of the license by RBI is that bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects. This means that it does not comply with the provisions of Section 11(1) and Section 22 (3) (d) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Tata Group has chosen State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank as preferred bankers
- Tata Group has chosen State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank as preferred bankers for Air India.
- Tata Group has taken over Air India from the government. Air India is the largest international carrier out of India with an 18.6% market share.
- Tata Sons have availed of aRs 10,000-crore loan from SBI and a Rs 5,000-crore loan from BoB. The loan from HDFC Bank is not known yet. The loans are unrated, unsecured, and pegged at 25% [interest rate] annually.
Paytm Money Launched Pops
- Paytm Money has introduced “India’s first” intelligent messenger called ‘Pops’. The company has launched ‘Pops’, with which users can receive specific information related to their stocks, analysis about their portfolio, market news, and important market movements in an easy to consume format, all in one place.
TSLP acquired NINL
- Tata Group company, Tata Steel Long Products Ltd’s(TSLP) has acquired Odisha-based NeelachalIspat Nigam Ltd (NINL) for Rs 12,100 crore.
- NeelachalIspat Nigam Ltd (NINL) is a steel plant located in Kalinganagar in Odisha
- It has a capacity of 1 million tonnes a year.
- This is the 1stinstance of privatisation of a public sector steel manufacturing enterprise in India.
UPI Safety Awareness Week
- NPCI and the UPI ecosystem will observe February 1-7 as ‘UPI Safety and Awareness Week’ and the whole of February as ‘UPI Safety and Awareness Month’.
HPCL inaugurated HaPpyShop
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) inaugurating its Retail Store under the brand name HaPpyShop, to make available the products of daily need to its customers at their convenience.
- The first retail store was launched by HPCL in September 2021 in Mumbai at Company’s Retail Outlet located at Nepean Sea Road.
Sony Group Corp. is purchasing Bungie
- Sony Group Corp. is purchasing Bungie Inc., the U.S. video game developer behind the popular Destiny and Halo franchises, for$3.6 billion to bolster its stable of game-making studios.
Exim Bank gives $500 Mn to SriLanka
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on behalf of the government of India, extended a line of credit of $500 millionto the government of the socialist republic of Sri Lanka for financing the purchase of petroleum products.
CRISIL has estimated FY23 GDP at 7.8%
- Domestic rating agency CRISIL has estimated FY23 real GDP growth at 7.8 per cent as compared with the 8.5 per cent projected in the Economic Survey.
- Estimating the growth to slow to 8 per cent in FY23 from the 9.2 per cent in FY22.
NSO has estimated FY23 GDP at 6.6%
- The National Statistical Office recently released the first revised GDP estimates for the fiscal year 2021. According to the estimates, the GDP contracted by 6%. Earlier, the GDP had contracted by 7.3%.
GAV Reddy appointed the new head of Defence Intelligent Agency
- Lieutenant General GAV Reddy has been appointed as the new head of the Defence Intelligence Agency.
- General Reddy would be succeeding Lt Gen KJS Dhillon.
Urjitpatel resigned from Britannia Industries
- Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor, Urjit Patel has resigned from the post of non-executive and independent director of Britannia Industries Limited, citing a full-time work assignment starting next month.
Dr. Madan Mohan Tripathi appointed DG of NIELIT
- Madan Mohan Tripathi has joined as Director-General of the National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT)
Ravi Mittal appointed Chairman of IBBI
- The former secretary, Department of Sports, Ravi Mittal has been appointed as the Chairman of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), as per the notification issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- He will serve as the Chairman of IBBI for a term of five years or till he attains 65 years of age.
GA Srinivasa Murthy appointed director of DRDL
- Senior scientist GA Srinivasa Murthy has been appointed director of Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in Hyderabad.
M Jagadesh Kumar as the new Chairman of UGC
- The government of India has appointed JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) Vice-Chancellor, M Jagadesh Kumar as the new Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC)
Sonali Singh to hold the additional charge of CGA
- The Government of India has appointed Sonali Singh to hold the additional charge of the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), under the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, with effect from February 01, 2022.
Rahul Bhatia appointed MD of IndiGo
- The low-cost Indian airline, IndiGo has appointed its co-founder and promoter Rahul Bhatia as the Managing Director (MD) of the company with immediate effect.
- He is the first-ever MD of Indigo, because before this the company never had a managing director.
- RonojoyDutta is the CEO of the Indigo.
Scorpene-class submarines named “Vagir”
- The Indian Navy‘s brand-new submarine, the fifth of the six French-designed Scorpene-class submarines named “Vagir”.
- The submarine-designated “Yard 11879” during its construction by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in collaboration with the Naval Group of France will be named “Vagir” after it is commissioned into service.
MoD launched SeHAT
- Ministry of Defence had launched the Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation (SeHAT) medical teleconsultation service for all entitled armed forces personnel and their families.
India MOU with Philippines
- India and Philippines signed a 375 million dollar deal for the sale of BrahMos supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles to the Philippines Navy.
Daryl Mitchell won ICC Spirit of Cricket Award
- New Zealand cricketer, Daryl Mitchell has been named the winner of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Spirit of Cricket Award 2021.
- This award is given to him for his gesture of refusing to take a single in the high-pressure 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Semi-Finals against England as he felt he had “obstructed” the way of bowler Adil Rashid at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Neeraj Chopra nominated for Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award
- Tokyo Olympics gold medallist, Neeraj Chopra has been nominated for the prestigious 2022 Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award.
Street Student won first prize
- A Telugu short film ‘Street Student’ by AkulaSandeep depicting the story of a street urchin with a strong message on right to education has bagged the first prize in a competition organised by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
India and ASEAN nations have approved a work plan titled India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan
India and ASEAN nations have approved a work plan titled India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2022, during the second ASEAN Digital Ministers’ (ADGMIN) Meeting held virtually.
Prime Minister ShriNarendraModi has addressed 30thNational Commission for Women Foundation Day
- Prime Minister ShriNarendraModi has addressed 30th National Commission for Women Foundation Day programme on January 31, 2022, via video conference. The event was organised to celebrate the achievements of women in different fields.
- The theme of the programme was ‘She The Change Maker’.
Maharashtra has topped India’s list in MSME
- Maharashtra has topped India’s list in the number of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) owned by entrepreneurs from the Scheduled Castes with as many as 96,805 enterprises.
- Tamil Nadu with 42,997 enterprises occupy the second
- Rajasthan with 38,517 occupy the third slots, according to the data furnished by the Office of the Development Commissioner in the Union Ministry of MSME.
LIC has been ranked at 10th in the list of insurance brands: Brand Finance
- As per a brand valuation report released by Brand Finance, Life Insurance Corporation has been ranked at 10thin the list of insurance brands globally.
- LIC is the only Indian insurance company in the top 10 list.
- LIC has a valuation of USD 8.656 billion (around Rs 64,722 crore).
Unemployment rate in India
- The unemployment rate in India in January 2022 fell sharply to 57%, according to the data from the economic think-tank, the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
- This is the lowest rate witnessed since March 2021.
Samsung Electronics to become the world’s leading chipmaker
- South Korean electronics manufacturing giant, Samsung Electronics surpassedS chipmaker Intel to become the world’s leading chipmaker by revenue in 2021, according to a report released by research firm Counterpoint Technology Market Research.
ParamPravega, one of the most powerful supercomputers in India
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bengaluru, has installed and commissioned ParamPravega, one of the most powerful supercomputers in India.
- It is also the largest supercomputer in an Indian academic institution.
- ParamPravega has a total supercomputing capacity of 3.3 petaflops (1 petaflop equals a quadrillion or 1015 operations per second).
- The supercomputer has been designed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). It has been developed under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
10th Women’s Hockey Asia Cup
- India defeated China, 2-0 to win the bronze medal at the 2022 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup tournament. The 2022 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup was the 10thedition of the quadrennial Women’s Hockey Asia Cup. The tournament was held from January 21 to 28, 2022 at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex in Muscat, Oman.
6th women’s field hockey championship title
- Argentina defeated Chile, 4-2 to win its 6thwomen’s field hockey championship title at the 2022 Women’s Pan American Cup. The Women’s Pan American Cup is the quadrennial international championship of the Americas organized by the Pan American Hockey Federation.
PR Sreejesh has won the World Games Athlete of the Year award
- Indian men’s hockey player PR Sreejesh has won the World Games Athlete of the Year award for 2021. He is the second Indian after Rani Rampal to win this award. In 2020, Indian women’s hockey captain Rani Rampal became the first Indian to win the honour for her performances in 2019.
First sports Unicorn
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK), has become the country’s first sports Unicorn with its market cap having touched a high of Rs 7,600 crores and its share in the grey market trading in the Rs 210-225 price band.
Women’s singles title at the 2022 Odisha Open badminton tournament
- Indian teenager UnnatiHooda beat compatriot SmitToshniwal, 21-18, 21-11, to claim the women’s singles title at the 2022 Odisha Open badminton tournament.
- The 2022 Odisha Open is a BWF Super 100 tournament, organized at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Cuttack, Odisha.
‘Khelo India – National Programme for Development of Sports’
- The Government has decided to continue the scheme of ‘Khelo India – National Programme for Development of Sports’ over the 15thFinance Commission Cycle — 2021-22 to 2025-26 — at an outlay of Rs 3165.50 crore.
- Khelo India Scheme Allocation increases by 48 per cent in Budget 2022 and includes it in the Prime Minister’s Award Scheme.”
World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (World NTD Day) is observed on January 30
- World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (World NTD Day) is observed on January 30 every year to raise awareness about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) as a critical public health challenge so that we can progress towards their elimination.
- 2022 theme is ‘Achieving health equity to end the neglect of poverty-related diseases’
- The 2022 slogan is “From neglect to care”.
World Leprosy Day falls on January 30, 2022
- World Leprosy Day is observed globally on the last Sunday of January every year.
- In 2022, the World Leprosy Day falls on January 30, 2022.
- This year theme of World Leprosy Day 2022 is “United for Dignity”.
46th Raising Day of ICG on 1st Feb 2022
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is celebrating its 46thRaising Day on 01 Feb 2022.
- The fourth largest Coast Guard in the world
World Wetlands Day is observed every year on February 2
- World Wetlands Day is observed every year on February 2 all over the world.
- 2022 marks 51 years of the Convention on Wetlands.
- The international theme for World Wetlands Day 2022 is ‘Wetlands Action for People and Nature’.
World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event observed during the first week of February
- World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event observed during the first week of February(1-7 February), after General Assembly designation in 2010.
- The ‘International Day of Human Fraternity’ is celebrated across the world on 4th
World Cancer Day is observed every year globally on 4th February
- World Cancer Day is observed every year globally on 4th February by the Union for International Cancer Control.
- World Cancer Day’s theme, “Close the Care Gap”.
Iqbal Singh Kingrapaased away
- Iqbal Singh Kingra, who was an Indian socio-spiritual leader of the Sikh community and an educationalist passed away at the age of 95 years. He was conferred with the Padma Shri in 2022 for his contributions in the field of social work.
Rupinder Singh Suri has passed away
- Senior advocate and Additional Solicitor General (ASG), Rupinder Singh Suri has passed away.
- He was appointed the ASG in June 2020.
Tata Sky Renamed as Tata Play
- Tata Sky has dropped the ‘sky’ brand name after 15 years and has rechristened itself as Tata Play.
- The DTH company has joined hands with Netflix to offer new OTT (over the top) content-centric channel packs as well.
SpitukGustor Festival in Ladakh
- SpitukGustor Festival, a two-day annual celebration of Ladakhi culture and traditional heritage celebrated on 30th & 31st January 2022 in Leh and Ladakh Union Territory.
Bird Sanctuary listed as Ramsar Sites
- The Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary near Jamnagar in Gujarat and Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttar Pradeshhave been listed as Wetlands of International Importance by the Ramsar Convention.
- With this, the total number of Ramsar sites in India goes up to 49.
- Madhya Pradesh Capital: Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Punjab Capital: Chandigarh
- Punjab Chief minister: Charanjit Singh Channi
- Punjab Governor: BanwarilalPurohit
- Andhra Pradesh Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital), Amaravati (legislative capital.)
- Andhra Pradesh Governor: BiswabhusanHarichandan
- Andhra Pradesh Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Arunachal Pradesh Capital: Itanagar
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief minister: PemaKhandu
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor: B.D. Mishra
- Honduras Capital: Tegucigalpa
- Honduras Currency: Honduran lempira
- Honduras Continent: North America
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
- North Korea Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- North Korea Currency: North Korean won
- Portugal President: Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
- Portugal Capital: Lisbon
- Portugal Currency: Euro
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- UAE President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- China Capital: Beijing
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China President: Xi Jinping
- Meta CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Meta Headquarters: California, United States
- FICCI President: Sanjiv Mehta
- FICCI Founded: 1927
- FICCI Headquarters: New Delhi
- FICCI Secretary-General: DilipChenoy
- Israel President: Isaac Herzog
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem
- Israel Prime minister: Naftali Bennett
- Israel Currency: Israeli Shekel
- Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd. Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd. Founded: 1989
- Union Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai
- Union Bank of India CEO: RajkiranRai G
- Union Bank of India Founded: 11 November 1919, Mumbai
- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited Chairman and Managing Director: TriptiPatraGhosh
- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited Founded: 10 February 2006
- SBI Founded: 1 July 1955
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Punjab National Bank Founded: 1894
- Punjab National Bank Headquarters: New Delhi
- Punjab National Bank MD & CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
- Punjab National Bank Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
- PatanjaliAyurved Limited Founded: January 2006
- PatanjaliAyurved Limited Headquarters: Haridwar
- PatanjaliAyurved Limited Founders: Ramdev, Balkrishna
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Chairperson: Michael Patra
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Founded: 15 July 1978
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Headquarters: Mumbai
- Export-Import Bank of India Founded: 1982
- Export-Import Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai
- HPCL Headquarters: Mumbai
- HPCL CEO and Chairperson: Mukesh Kumar Surana
- NPCI Founded: 2008
- NPCI Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- NPCI MD & CEO: DilipAsbe
- Tata Steel Founded: 25 August 1907, Jamshedpur
- Tata Steel CEO: T. V. Narendran (31 Oct 2017–)
- Tata Steel Founder: Jamsetji Tata
- Tata Steel Headquarters: Mumbai
- Paytm Money CEO: Varun Sridhar
- Paytm Money Headquarters location: Bengaluru
- Paytm Money Founded: 20 September 2017
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India Headquarters: New Delhi
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India Founded: 1 October 2016
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral R Hari Kumar
- Indian Navy Founded: 26 January 1950
- ICC Chairman: Greg Barclay
- ICC CEO: Geoff Allardice
- ICC Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- ICC Founded: 15 June 1909
- LIC Chairperson: M R Kumar
- LIC Headquarters: Mumbai
- LIC Founded: 1 September 1956
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports: Anurag Singh Thakur
- Indian Coast Guard Director-General: Virender Singh Pathania
- Indian Coast Guard Founded: 1 February 1977
- Indian Coast Guard Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
- Ladakh (UT) Lieutenant Governor: Radha Krishna Mathur