Daily Current Affairs for 26 May 2023
key Facts about India’s New Parliament House
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the new Parliament building on Sunday, 28 May, showcasing its exquisite artwork and featuring a ceremonial sceptre called ‘Sengol’ among its many highlights
- Constructed at a cost of ₹971 crore, the new complex stands as a symbol of India’s progress, reflecting the aspirations of the nation’s 1.35 billion citizens.
- Its innovative triangular design optimizes space utilization and fosters efficient governance
Giriraj Singh Launches SAMARTH Campaign to Promote Digital Transactions at Gram Panchayat Level
- The Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Giriraj Singh, recently launched the ‘SAMARTH Campaign on Promoting Digital Transactions in 50,000 Gram Panchayats’ under the AzadiKaAmritMahotsav in Lucknow.
- This campaign, initiated by the Ministry of Rural Development, aims to promote digital transactions in rural areas, with a particular focus on empowering women.
- The launch event witnessed the participation of various dignitaries, including Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Minister of State Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
Ministry of Ayush and Minority Affairs Collaborate for Development Unani Medicine System
- Ministry of Ayush and Minority Affairs have joined hands to promote and help the development of the Unani System of Medicine in The Ministry of Minorities Affairs has granted RS 34 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK), which is a centrally sponsored scheme.
- Unani Medicine will be upgraded with the support of this scheme in Hyderabad, Chennai, Lucknow, Silchar, and Bengaluru.
- The grant approved by the Ministry of Minorities will help in the establishment of various facilities of Unani Medicine in the mentioned locations
Dancing Girl of Mohenjodaro
- On International Museum Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Museum Expo, an event that showcased various cultural exhibits and artifacts.
- Among the highlights was the unveiling of a captivating mascot, the Dancing Girl, which drew both admiration and criticism for its adaptation from the original bronze figurine discovered at Mohenjodaro.
Global Alliance for National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)
- The National Human Rights Commission, India (NHRC-India), a vital institution for safeguarding human rights, recently faced challenges regarding its accreditation by the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)
Goa Signed MoU with Uttarakhand for Strengthening Tourism Cooperation
- The Government of Goa and the Government of Uttarakhand have come together and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the tourism landscape of both Goa and Uttarakhand.
- The MoU signing ceremony was held in the presence of Rohan Khaunte, the Minister for Tourism, IT, E & C, Printing and Stationary, Government of Goa, and Pushkar Singh Dhami, Chief Minister of Uttarakhand
New Building of Jharkhand High Court
- The new building of the Jharkhand High Court in Ranchi stands as a testament to modern architecture and the commitment to efficient
- It was inaugurated recently by President Murmu. With a cost of Rs 550 crore, this grand structure covers a sprawling compound of 165 acres, making it one of the largest high court complexes in the
What is UDAN 5.1?
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik), a scheme aimed at improving connectivity to remote areas of the
- The latest version, UDAN 5.1, focuses on last mile connectivity through helicopters.
World Schizophrenia Awareness Day commemorated by DEPwD
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) commemorated Schizophrenia to raise awareness and to reduce stigma around mental illness.
- It lifts the lid on the challenges that thousands of people with Schizophrenia from all over the world have to encounter on a day-to-day basis.
- The DEPwD under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India is the nodal body to look after all the development agenda of Persons with Disabilities in the country.
- With the vision to create awareness about Schizophrenia among the masses, the Department observed World Schizophrenia Day, through the institutions associated with it conducted various events at more than 30 places across India.