Daily Current Affairs for 01 June 2023
“World’s Largest Grain Storage Plan in the Cooperative Sector”
- India, known for its agricultural prowess, is embarking on a monumental plan to revolutionize its foodgrain storage capacity.
- The Union cabinet recently approved a scheme that will allocate a staggering ₹1 trillion towards increasing storage capacity by 70 million tonnes in the cooperative sector.
- This ambitious project, set to become the world’s largest grain storage plan in the cooperative sector, aims to address key challenges faced by farmers and enhance the country’s food security
City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain (CITIIS) 2.0
- The Indian government has recently approved the second phase of an ambitious project aimed at promoting integrated waste management and climate-oriented reform actions.
- Known as CITIIS (City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain), this project aims to transform urban areas in India into sustainable and resilient cities
Draft Aircraft Bill, 2023
- The civil aviation ministry in India has taken a significant step towards enhancing regulations in the aviation sector with the introduction of the Draft Aircraft Bill, 2023.
- This bill aims to streamline and improve provisions related to the design, manufacture, possession, use, operation, sale, import, and export of aircraft
Tayyip Erdogan re-elected as President of Turkey
- The Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has emerged victorious in the recent election following a tense run-off, according to unofficial data from the state-run Anadolu Agencyand the country’s Supreme Election Council.
- After failing to secure more than 50 percent of votes required for an outright win in the first round held on May 14, Erdogan received 52.14 percent of votes in the second round on Sunday, beating his rival, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who won 47.86 percent
Anert’s Solar City Project
- The Kerala government has initiated a groundbreaking project aimed at transforming every rooftop in Thiruvananthapuram into a solar energy-producing station.
- This ambitious venture, led by the Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology (Anert), seeks to position the state capital as one of the largest ‘solar cities’ in the country.
- The project aims to harness the immense potential of solar energy and leverage the cost advantage offered by the availability of cheap labor in the region
Digital Kumbh Museum
- The Tourism Department in Uttar Pradesh has proposed the construction of a remarkable project called the ‘Digital Kumbh Museum.
- ’ This museum aims to offer visitors a modern and immersive experience, providing insights into the mythological and historical significance of the renowned Kumbh Mela
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PARAS Spectrograph Discovers Dense Exoplanet
- The exploration of the universe continues to unveil exciting discoveries, and the recent detection of a dense exoplanet has sparked immense interest among scientists and space enthusiasts alike
India Approves World’s Largest Food Storage Scheme in Cooperative Sector, Investing Rs 1 Lakh Crore
- The Indian government has recently approved a groundbreaking scheme worth Rs 1 lakh crore aimed at significantly expanding the foodgrain storage capacityin the cooperative sector.
- With the current grain storage capacity at approximately 1,450 lakh tonnes, this initiative seeks to add 700 lakh tonnes of storage over the next five years, eventually reaching a total capacity of 2,150 lakh tonnes.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has hailed this scheme as the “world’s largest foodgrain storage programme” in the cooperative sector
India clinches title of CAVA Women’s Challenge Cup 2023
- India has won the title of NSC-CAVA Women’s Volleyball Challenge Cupheld in Kathmandu.
- Indiawon the title by defeating Kazakhstan in the final at the National Sports Council’s Covered Hall in Tripureshwor, Kathmandu.
- India defeated Kazakhstan in a shared set of 3-0. India won the first set 25-15, the second set 25-22, and the third set 25-18.
- Along with this, India finished the competition by remaining undefeated
World Milk Day 2023: Know Date, Theme, Significance and History
- World Milk Day,observed every year on 1st June,was created in the year 2001 by Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations (UN) to promote the consumption and benefits of milk around the world.
- The goal of this day is to provide us with a chance to raise awareness of and support in any manner possible initiatives related to the dairy industry
Global Day of Parents 2023: Date, Significance and History
- The Global Day of Parentsis a special observance that recognizes the critical role parents play in the lives of their children and the well-being of society as a whole.
- Celebrated on June 1steach year, this day serves as an opportunity to honour and appreciate the dedication, love, and sacrifices of parents worldwide.
- The day emphasizes the importance of parental guidance in shaping the lives of children and promoting their overall well-being.
- It serves as an opportunity to appreciate parents’ efforts and to raise awareness about the challenges they face in fulfilling their responsibilities