Daily Current Affairs for 02 June 2023
Centralised Laboratory Network (CLN)
- India has recently become a member of the Centralized Laboratory Network (CLN), a global collaboration aimed at testing vaccines during pandemic and epidemic disease outbreaks.
- The CLN, which is part of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), consists of 15 partner facilities from 13 countries
Anert’s Solar City Project
- The Kerala government has initiated a groundbreaking project aimed at transforming every rooftop in Thiruvananthauram into a solar energy-producing station.
- This ambitious venture, led by the Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology (Anert), seeks to position the state capital as one of the largest ‘solar cities’ in the country.
- The project aims to harness the immense potential of solar energy and leverage the cost advantage offered by the availability of cheap labor in the region
Canada’s Category-based Selection for Express Entry
- Canada has recently introduced category-based selection draws for its Express Entry candidates, aiming to prioritize individuals with strong French language proficiency or work experience in key sectors.
- These new measures are expected to commence implementation later this summer
India-EU Global Gateway Conference
- The Ministry of External Affairs, the EU Delegation to India, and the Asian Confluence have come together to organize the India-EU Connectivity Conference.
- This conference aims to explore opportunities for boosting connectivity investments in India’s North Eastern States and its neighboring countries
Brazil’s Bill 490
- Protests have broken out across Brazil in response to the approval of a new land bill by the country’s Chamber of Deputies.
- The bill, known as Bill 490, imposes restrictions on the recognition of ancestral land for indigenous people.
- This move has sparked outrage and opposition from tribal communities and their supporters
Meghalaya Forms Expert Panel to Review Reservation Formula; Opposition Leader Ends Hunger Strike
- The Meghalaya governmenthas responded to the demands of the Voice of the People’s Party (VPP) and announced the formation of an expert committee to review thestate’s reservation policy.
- This move comes in the wake of an indefinite hunger strike led by VPP MLA Ardent Basaiawmoit, who has now called off his protest following the government’s decision.
- The expert committee will comprise individuals well-versed in constitutional law, economics, sociology, demographic studies, and related fields.
- Let’s delve deeper into the details of this significant development
Telangana Formation Day 2023: Date, Formation, and History
- Telangana Formation Day,observed annually onJune 2nd since 2014, is a state public holiday in Telangana, India.
- It marks the commemoration of the formation of the state of Telangana. The day is celebrated with various activities such as parades, cultural programs, and speeches.
- It is also an occasion to honor the sacrifices made by those who fought for the establishment of Telangana
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Abnormality of Astrocytes and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Despite the availability of new drugs for treating early Alzheimer’s, predicting who will eventually develop the disease remains a significant challenge.
- However, a recent study has shed light on a potential solution. By analyzing blood tests that detect abnormal brain cell activity, researchers have made progress in identifying individuals at risk of developing symptomatic Alzheimer’s disease.
- This breakthrough has implications for both predicting dementia and advancing research in Alzheimer’s prevention
PM SVANidhi Scheme Celebrates Successful Completion of 3 Years
- The Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, recently praised the Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Schemeon its momentous completion of three years.
- The scheme, launched in June 2020, aimed to empower street vendors by restoring self-employment, self-sustenance, and self-confidence.
- Over the years, PM SVANidhi has emerged as one of the most beneficial and rapidly growing micro-credit schemes in India, fostering financial inclusion, digital literacy, and offering dignity and stability to street vendors