Daily Current Affairs for 11 & 12 June 2023
India and Serbia Aim for 1 Billion Euros Bilateral Trade Target by the End of the Decade: MEA
- India and Serbiahave set an ambitious target of achieving a bilateral trade volume of one billion euros by the end of the decade.
- President Droupadi Murmu of India and her Serbian counterpart, Aleksandar Vucic, have expressed their commitment to strengthen bilateral relations and explore new areas of cooperation.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) highlighted the significant discussions and engagements between the two leaders during President Murmu’s visit to Serbia
National Mission for Mentoring (NMM): Empowering Educators
- The National Mission for Mentoring (NMM), as outlined in the NEP 2020,aims to establish a substantial group of highly skilled experts who are willing to provide guidance and support to school teachers, ensuring their continuous professional growth.
- These potential mentors, regardless of their age or position, will play a significant role in achieving the developmental objectives of our country in the 21st century
Kilauea volcano erupts on Hawaii’s Big Island
- The US Geological Survey (USGS)has downgraded the safety alert for Kilauea volcano in Hawaii, following a new eruption.
- The alert level has been reduced from “WARNING” to “WATCH”as effusion rates have declined and no infrastructure is threatened.
- The previous warning has been lowered to a watch, as high effusion rates have decreased and no infrastructure is considered to be under threat.
- Aviation warnings have shifted from red to orange also
China Unveils World’s Most Powerful Hypersonic Wind Tunnel for Advancing Aerospace Ambitions
- China has achieved a major milestone in its pursuit of hypersonic technologywith the completion of the world’s most powerful wind tunnel.
- Known as the JF-22, this groundbreaking facility is set to play a pivotal role in China’s hypersonic ambitions, enabling the country to make significant strides in the development of hypersonic vehicles.
- The JF-22 wind tunnel, located in Beijing’s Huairou district, boasts impressive capabilities, including the ability to simulate hypersonic flight conditions at speeds up to Mach 30
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launches ‘Mukhyamantri Ladli Behna Scheme’
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhanlaunched the Ladli Behna Yojana 2023,with the first installment of Rs 1,000 deposited into the accounts of beneficiary women in Jabalpur.
- CM Chouhan assured the women that the scheme was not limited to Rs 1,000 and that he intended to gradually increase the amount as funds became available, with plans to raise the support to Rs 1,200, Rs 1,500, Rs 1,700, and Rs 2,000 per month
RBI Notifies Four Key Measures to Strengthen 1,514 Urban Co-operative Banks
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in collaboration with the Central Government, has introduced four crucial measures to bolster the strength of 1,514 Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) in the country.
- These initiatives were announced following detailed discussions between Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, and RBI Governor, with the objective of achieving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Sahakar se Samridhi.’
- This article highlights the key measures that have been notified by the RBI, which include allowing UCBs to open new branches, facilitating One Time Settlements, extending the deadline to meet priority sector lending targets, and designating a Nodal Officer in the RBI
Exploration of Coal and Lignite Scheme Extended: Unveiling India’s Energy Potential
- India, as one of the world’s fastest-growing economies, heavily relies on coal and lignite as primary sources of energy.
- To ensure a sustainable and uninterrupted supply, the Indian government has extended the ‘Exploration of Coal and Lignite Scheme’from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- With an estimated expenditure of ₹2,980 crore, this central sector plan aims to explore and assess the country’s coal and lignite resources, laying the foundation for informed decision-making and future coal mining endeavors
Australia Crowned with ICC World Test Championship 2023
- Australiaclinched the title of World Test Champions in a commanding fashion, securing a resounding 209-run victory over Indiain the thrilling WTC Final at The Oval.
- Travis Head and Steve Smith’s remarkable centuries in the first innings laid the foundation for Australia’s early control of the Test.
- Despite India’s valiant response, the match extended to a fifth day, but they fell short of an extraordinary record chase, ultimately being bowled out for 234.
- Australia scripted history on Sunday, June 11 as they became the first men’s team in world cricket to win an International Cricket Council (ICC) world title in all three formats
World Day Against Child Labour 2023 observed on 12 June
- World Day Against Child Labour,observed on June 12th, aims to inspire a global movement against child labour.
- With the slogan “Social Justice for All. End Child Labour!”in 2023, it highlights the connection between social justice and the eradication of child labour.
- The International Labour Organization initiated this event in 2002, turning it into an international occasion.
- Its purpose is to motivate individuals, organizations, and governments to combat child labour and work towards its permanent elimination