Context: Electronic signage systems known as Justice Clocks have been installed across the court complexes of High Courts.
Image credit: PIBAbout Justice Clocks:
- It is an LED display of 7 feet by 10 feet, placed at a height of 17 feet from the ground.
- This ‘Justice Clock’ will exhibit vital statistics of the justice delivery system, to maximise outreach and visibility of the work done by the state judiciary.
- The initiative will inform stakeholders about court-related key parameters and bring awareness among public by providing bird eye view of court-related data.
- The interface has been designed and developed in-house and will display data from the National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) in real-time.
- To bring focus on judges, how they conduct themselves, how long they sit in courts.
- To focus on the seriousness with which courts are handled and cases are conducted.
- To highlight the courtesy which judges show to members of the bar and litigants. particularly those lawyers who are not among the higher echelons in the hierarchy of the bar.