Daily Current Affairs for 30 June 2023
- The G20 (Group of 20) is an international forum which includes 19 of the world’s largest economies and the European Union.
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- European Union
- two thirds of the world population.
- 85% of the global gross product.
- 75% of international trade.
- 80% of global investments in research and development.
Current News :
- India to host an exhibition on currency notes of G 20 countries showcasing the UNESCO world heritage sites featured on them
- 10 Rupees – Sun Temple, Konark
- 20 Rupees- Ellora Caves, Aurangabad
- 50 Rupees – Stone Chariot of Hampi, Karnataka
- 100 Rupees – Rani ki Vav, Gujarat
- 200 Rupees- Sanchi Stupa, Madhya Pradesh
- 500 Rupees – Red Fort, Delhi
Council of Ministers in States:
- PART VI (Article – 152-237)
- Articles 163-164 deals with Council of Ministers (CoM) in states.
- Article 163: Council of Ministers to aid and advise Governor
- Article 164: Other provisions as to Ministers
- Appoint : Governor (Art 164 (1))
- Removal : I . Governor on the advice of Chief Minister
II. Disqualify by Speaker on the ground of Anti Defection Law
91st amendment Act 2003:
- “thetotal number of Ministers, including the Chief Minister, in the Council of Ministers in a State shall not exceed 15% of the total number of members of the Legislative Assembly of that State.
- 2000 years old ancient findings were found in Kumarikalpalayam near Tiruppur.
- Megalithic Period : 2500 BC to 200 AD
Megalithic sites in Tamil Nadu:
- Adichanallur – Thoothukudi
- Paiyampalli – Vellore district
- Kodumanal – Erode
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Launched : 1st April, 2016
objective : Housing for All,2022
Ministry : Ministry of Rural development
Aim: To provide a pucca house with basic amenities to all rural families, who are homeless or living in kutcha or dilapidated houses by the end of March 2022.
freed bonded labourers
Cost Sharing: 60:40 – plain areas
90:10 – North Eastern and hilly states.
PM Jal Jeevan mission
Vision : supply of 55 litres of water per person per day by 2024.
Cost Sharing : 50:50 for other states,
100% for Union Territories.
Ministry : Jal Shakti Ministry
merging of Ministries of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation along with Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Announced: August 2019
- Household pipeline water supply.
- Clean and drinkable water.
- Recharge of groundwater level.
- Better local infrastructure.
- Less water-borne diseases
PM Ujjwala Yojana
Launched : May 2016
Aim: To provide LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) connections to poor households.
Ministry : Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
Target: The scheme gained traction with its ambit being expanded to include 80 million poor families
- To empower women and protect their health.
- To minimize health issues arising from the use of unclean fossil fuel and other fuel while cooking.
- To control indoor pollution from the use of fossil fuel which causes respiratory issues.
- To prevent degradation of the purity of the environment that is compromised by widespread usage of unclean cooking fuel.
Inflation is the rate at which prices for goods and services rise
Three types: demand-pull inflation,
- cost-push inflation,
- built-in inflation
- Consumer Price index
- Wholesale Price Index
- Headline Inflation is the measure of total inflation within an economy. It includes price rise in food, fuel and all other commodities.
- The inflation rate expressed in Wholesale Price Index (WPI) usually denotes the headline inflation. Though Consumer Price Index (CPI) values are often higher, WPI values traditionally make headlines.
- It is a term used to denote the extend of inflation in an economy. But Core inflation does not consider the inflation in food and fuel. This is a concept derived from headline inflation. There is no index for direct measurement of core inflation and now it is measured by excluding food and fuel items from Wholesale Price Index (WPI) or Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- Measures to Control Inflation
- Monetary Policy Measures – RBI (CRR, SLR, Repo Rates )
- Fiscal Policy Measures – Government (reducing import duties, banning exports)
International Day of Parliamentarism
- A day dedicated to commemorating the formation of the Inter- Parliamentary Union (IPU).
- The IPU was established with the noble objective of promoting democratic governance, fostering accountability, and encouraging collaboration among national parliaments.
- The International Day of Parliamentarism was established by the United Nations General Assembly in
- The International Day of Parliamentarism was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2018.
International Asteroid Day
Purpose : To annually commemorate the Tunguska impact that occurred in Siberia, Russian Federation, on June 30, 1908.
The day aims to raise public awareness about the potential hazards posed by asteroid impacts and educate people about the global crisis communication measures to be taken in the event of a credible near-Earth object threat.
In December 2016, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution establishing June 30th as International Asteroid Day.
Chief Secretary of State
- The Chief Secretary is‘chosen’ by the Chief Minister.
- As the appointment of Chief Secretary is an executive action of the Chief Minister, it is taken in the name of the Governor of the State
- The post of Chief Secretary is the senior-most position in the civil services of the states and union territories of India.
- The position is a cadre post for the Indian Administrative Services.
- The Chief Secretary is the chief advisor to the Chief Minister in all matters of the cabinet.
- There is no fixed tenure for this post
Shiv Das Meena succeeds V Irai Anbu IAS
DGP : Shankar Jiwal
Commissioner of police of Chennai city: sandeep rai rathore