Daily Current Affairs for 07 July 2023
Expert Committee’s Report on Market Yard of National Importance Platform
- e-NAM (National Agriculture Market) has come a long way since its launch in April 2016.
- The National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) in India has emerged as a game-changer in the agricultural sector, connecting farmers and traders across the country.
- With 1361 Mandis integrated into the e-NAM platform, this digital marketplace has transformed the way agricultural trade operates.
- As of July 3, 2023, more than 1.75 crore farmers and 2.45 lakh traders have registered on the e-NAM portal.
- This digital ecosystem has improved transparency, efficiency, and access to markets for farmers across 23 states and 4 Union Territories
Assam Cabinet Approves Key Initiatives for Development
- Aim: The Assam state cabinet recently made significant decisions aimed at promoting the growth and welfare of its residents.
- The key approvals granted by the cabinet, including the exemption of MSMEs from certain approvals and inspections, amendments to the Assam Food Security Rules, incentives for students, and a request to host the National Games.
The Assam state cabinet approved the Assam Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (Facilitation of Establishment & Operation) Rules, 2023.
Under these rules, MSMEs in the state will be exempted from specific approvals and inspections for a period of three years.
This move is intended to simplify the establishment and operation processes for MSMEs and encourage their growth.
The cabinet also approved amendments to the Assam Food Security Rules, 2022, which fall under the National Food Security Act, 2013
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Chandrayan – 3
- ISRO’s new heavylift launch vehicle LVM-3 will carry out the Moon mission. “Announcing the launch of Chandrayaan-3: LVM3-M4/Chandrayaan-3 Mission: The launch is now scheduled for July 14, 2023.
- Ahead of the launch, India’s premierspace agency completed the mating of Chandrayaan-3 orbiter with the LVM3 launch vehicle at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on July 5.
- While the scope of these scientific instruments on the lander and the rover would fit in the theme of “Science of the Moon”, another experimental instrument will study the spectro-polarimetric signatures of the Earth from the lunar orbit, which would fit in the theme of “Science from the Moon”, according to ISRO officials.
ISRO has established three main objectives for the Chandrayaan-3 mission:
- These objectives include successfully achieving a safe and gentle landing on the Moon, demonstrating the rover’s ability to move around on the lunar surface, and conducting scientific observations directly on-site.
- Chandrayaan-3 mission will carry scientific instruments to the moon in order to study its thermophysical properties, lunar seismicity, lunar surface plasma environment and elemental composition
New India Literacy Programme:
- The Union of India has approved a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, namely, “New India Literacy Programme (NILP)”.
- The NILP has been approved for the next five financial years (2022-27) in order to integrate all the aspects of adult education with the National Education Policy, 2020 (NEP).
- The Education ministry has chosen to use ‘Education for All’ rather than ‘Adult Education,’ since the previous terminology was not applicable to non-literates aged 15 and above.
- It aimsto support the States and Union Territories in promoting literacy among non-literates in the age group of 15 and above.
The scheme has five components namely:
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
- Critical Life Skills
- Vocational Skills Development
- Basic Education
- Continuing Education
- The scheme will be implemented through volunteerism through online mode.
- The training, orientation, workshops of volunteers, may be organized through face-to-face mode. All material and resources shall be provided digitally.
- School will be Unit for implementation of the scheme.
- Schools to be used for conducting surveys of beneficiaries and Voluntary Teachers
CM Stalin announces Rs 1,000 monthly assistance for women
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin on March 20 launched the much awaited scheme of providing Rs 1000 per month to female heads of households in the southern state.
- Tamil Nadu finance minister Palanivel Thiaga Rajan presented the Budget 2023-24 in the state assembly.
- The finance minister announced that the Rs 1,000 monthly assistance scheme for eligible women heads of families would be launched on September 15, 2023, by Chief Minister M K Stalin
GST on online gaming, casinos, racing:
- The ministerial panel formed for casinos, race courses and online gaming under the Goods and Services Tax (GST)regime is likely to reiterate its earlier stance of a uniform 28 per cent tax rate for the three categories, irrespective of whether it is a game of skill or chance.
- This would imply a hike in tax rates for online gaming, as online gaming platforms currently pay 18 per cent GST on platform fee alone, and not on the full value including prize money
World Archery Youth Championships
- Indian archers Priyansh and Avneet Kaur won gold in the junior mixed team compound event, defeating Israel in the final of the World Archery Youth Championships in Limerick, Ireland.
- It was a nail-biting contest wherein the Indian players beat Israel with a close score of 146-144, July 5.
- India’s Manav Jadhav and Aishwarya Sharma also won a bronze medal defeating Mexico in the cadet mixed compound event.
- The World Archery Youth Championships event is taking place at the University of Limerick in the west of Ireland from July 3 to 9