Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2022
Context: Recently, the NITI Aayog released the third edition of the report titled ‘Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2022’ for States/UTs. About Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2022:
- It is a comprehensive tool that measures the export preparedness of the States and UTs in India.
- To undertake a comprehensive analysis of States and UTs across export-related parameters in order to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- To highlight the achievements of states/UTs and encourage peer learning among the states/UTs to uphold the spirit of competitive federalism.
- Policy Pillar: Assesses adoption of export-related policy ecosystems at state and district levels, along with the institutional framework surrounding the ecosystem.
- Business Ecosystem: Evaluates the prevailing business environment, business-supportive infrastructure, and transport connectivity in a state/UT.
- Export Ecosystem: Focuses on export-related infrastructure, trade support to exporters, and Research and Development (R&D) activities fostering innovation.
- Export Performance: Gauges the growth of a state’s export over the previous year, export concentration, and footprint on global markets.
|Category||Rank||State/Union Territory||Overall Score|
|Coastal States||1||Tamil Nadu||80.89|
|Union Territories/Small States||1||Goa||51.58|
- Performance Analysis: The Export Preparedness Index (EPI) allows regions to compare their export performance with others and identify areas where they can improve.
- Evidence based policy making: It helps them analyze potential challenges and develop better policies to promote export-driven growth at the local level.