India, Japan agree to further business ties
ContextOn the sidelines of India-Japan Forum summit, both nations said that they are very keen to work hand-in-hand and asserted to expand cooperation in the region. Key-highlights of the 15th India-Japan Foreign Ministers’ Strategic Dialogue
- Key areas of focus: Global issues, including terrorism and nuclear proliferation.
|Important Bilateral Exercises between India and Japan
- The meeting provided an opportunity to review the progress made in the India-Japan Special Strategic and Global Partnership.
- Both sides emphasized the importance of achieving the target of JPY 5 trillion Japanese investment in India in the period 2022-27.
- Cooperation: They explored potential areas of collaboration in critical and emerging technologies, including semiconductors; resilient supply chains; and digital public infrastructure, among others.
- Defence: Both sides also expressed satisfaction with the strengthening of defence and security cooperation, including regular exercises and staff talks between all three services.
- Japan and India will also promote Japanese language education, student changes and specified skilled webcast system in India.
|Japan for India
|India for Japan