Context: The new generation ballistic missile ‘Agni Prime’ was successfully flight-tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha. About Agni-P:
Source: The PIB
- Agni-P is a two-stage canisterised solid propellant nuclear capable ballistic missile with dual redundant navigation and guidance system.
- It has a range between 1000 to 2000 km and was tested for the first time in 2021.
- It is a surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- It is lighter than all the earlier Agni series of missiles.
- This successful flight test has paved the way for the induction of the system into the Armed Forces.
- It is designed & developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Other Ranges of Agni Missiles: