Daily Current Affairs for 14 June 2023
“Hamari Bhasha, Hamari Virasat” on 75th International Archives Day
- Minister of State for Culture, Smt. Meenakashi Lekhi inaugurated the exhibition “Hamari Bhasha, Hamari Virasat” under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate 75th International Archives Day at National Archives of India, New Delhi.
- International Archives Day commemorates the treasured heritage of India’s linguistic diversity as a Nation.
- It raises awarenesss about the importance of records and archives that provide the foundation for people’s right and identity.
- India is one of the four most linguistically diversified countries in the world with 788 languages spoken in India alone
Udhampur-Doda Parliamentary Constituency is among the most developed constituencies
- Udhampur-Doda Parliamentary Constituencystands out as one of the most developed constituencies among the 550 Parliamentary Constituenciesin India.
- With its remarkable progress and comprehensive growth, the constituency serves as a shining example of development.
India and UAE Target $100 Billion Non-Oil Trade by 2030; Set Up Councils to Facilitate FTA Implementation
- India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have set an ambitious target to increase their non-oil bilateral trade from the current USD 48 billion to USD 100 billion by 2030.
- The decision was reached during the first meeting of the Joint Committee of India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
- Both countries aim to double their non-petroleum trade in the next seven years, emphasizing the need to enhance trade cooperation beyond the oil sector
SIPRI’s Findings on Nuclear Arsenals: China’s Expansion, India and Pakistan’s Growth, and Global Trends
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) recently released its annual Yearbook, providing valuable insights into the state of global nuclear arsenals.
- This article highlights SIPRI’s key findings, focusing on China’s nuclear expansion, India and Pakistan’s growing arsenals, and general trends observed across the globe
GSITI Hyderabad Receives “Athi Uttam” Accreditation
- The Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI),operating under the Ministry of Mines, has received accreditation from the National Accreditation Board of Education and Training (NABET).
- This recognition is a testament to the institute’s commendable services and the high standards it upholds in the realm of earth science training.
- The evaluation was conducted by a team comprising members from the Capacity Building Commission (CBC), NABET, and the Quality Control of India.
- They thoroughly inspected the institute’s various levels of standard operating procedures and methodologies.
- Subsequently, GSITI was granted the Certificate of Accreditation with the distinguished grading of “Athi Uttam.”
RBI Expands Presence in North East India with Sub-Office in Kohima, Plans Office in Itanagar
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)has taken a significant step towards strengthening its presence in North East India by opening a sub-office in Kohima, the capital of Nagaland.
- With this move, RBI aims to expand its reach in the region and better serve the financial needs of the people.
- Additionally, the central bank has announced its intention to establish an office in Itanagar, further demonstrating its commitment to enhancing its operations in the North East
Vigyan-Vidushi – 2023: Empowering Women in Physics
- Vigyan-Vidushi – 2023, an initiative aimed at achieving gender balance in the field of Physics at the doctoral level, has commenced at the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE)in Mumbai.
- This program brings together 40 female students from various institutes across India who have recently completed their first year of MSc in Physics.
- The program aims to provide them with exposure to advanced physics courses and encourage them to conduct innovative experiments
World Blood Donor Day 2023: Date, Theme, Significance and History
- World Blood Donor Dayis observed annually onJune 14 to express gratitude towards selfless voluntary blood donors and celebrate the essence of life and humanity.
- This occasion serves as a significant platform to appreciate and acknowledge voluntary blood donors worldwide for their generous contribution of blood, while also emphasizing the importance of ensuring universal access to safe blood transfusion