Context: Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying launched Nandi – NOC Approval for New Drug and Inoculation System portal. About Nandi Portal:
- Developed by: Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying through CDAC in coordination with Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO).
- To facilitate the regulatory approval process with transparency to assess and examine veterinary product proposals.
- To enable end-to-end coordination between Departments, Committees/Subcommittee and Applicants.
- To provide valuable support to researchers and industries from a commercial perspective.
- To raise awareness among livestock rearers and improving logistical facilities, and increase in the consumption of drugs