Context: The Ministry of Power has set up a dedicated Centre of Excellence to accelerate industry adoption of clean technologies. About UTPRERAK (Unnat Takniki Pradarshan Kendra):
- The Centre is also named as Advanced Industrial Technology Demonstration Centre (AITDC).
- Set up by: Bureau of Energy efficiency (BEE) at New Delhi
- Centre of Excellence:
- To accelerate adoption of energy efficient technologies
- To play a catalytic role in improving energy efficiency of Indian industry.
- To become the key reference and resource institution on industrial energy-efficient technologies.
- To demonstrate and showcase energy-efficient technologies in key industry sectors.
- To act as an exhibition cum information centre and knowledge repository to diffuse best practices among industry professionals through workshops and seminars.