Industrial Park Rating System
Context: Recently, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) successfully organised the National Workshop on Industrial Park Rating System. About Industrial Park Rating System:
- Launched by: DPIIT
- Aim: To rate industrial parks across four pillars:
- internal infrastructure and utilities
- external infrastructure and facilities
- business support services
- environmental and safety management
- It is a GIS-enabled database to facilitate investors to identify their preferred location for investment.
- It is an extension of the India Industrial Land Bank (IILB) platform which features more than 4,500 industrial parks.
- IILB is currently integrated with the industry-based GIS system of 34 states and union territories.