Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region
Context: Recently a meeting was organized to review the progress of Phase-III of the Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER).
News Source: PIB
Image Source: Government of IndiaAbout Mission Organic Value Chain Development for the North Eastern Region:
- Aim: To develop end to end organic value chains in North Eastern States.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for implementation
- It is a Central Sector Scheme, a sub-mission under National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA).
- Beneficiary States:
- Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
- National Level: The Mission structure at Government of India level will comprise of National Advisory Committee (NAC), Executive Committee (EC), Mission Monitoring Committee (MMC).
- State Level: It will be implemented by the State Level Executive Committee (SLEC) and executed through a designated state Lead Agency in the form of state “Organic Commodity Board” or “Organic Mission”.
- MOVCDNER has helped in bringing 1.73 lakh ha area under organic farming benefiting 1.89 lakh farmers.
About National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA):