Advance Authorization Scheme
Context: Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) implements the Advance Authorisation Scheme under the Foreign Trade Policy. About Advance Authorisation Scheme:
News Source: PIB
- It allows duty-free import of inputs, which are physically incorporated in an export product.
- In addition to any inputs, packaging material, fuel, oil, and catalyst which is consumed / utilized in the process of production of export products, is also allowed.
- Eligibility of Inputs: Determined by Sector-specific Norms Committees based on input-output norms.
- Prerequisites for Applying:
- To apply for an Advance Authorisation scheme, an Import-Export Code (IEC) is required.
- Other prerequisites are mentioned in the Chapter 4 of Foreign Trade Policy and Handbook of Procedures.
|About Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT):