Daily Current Affairs for 29 May 2023
PM Modi Chairs 8th Governing Council Meeting of Niti Aayog, Emphasizes Team India Approach for a Developed Nation by 2047
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modirecently presided over the 8th Governing CouncilMeeting of Niti Aayog, held at the New Convention Centre in New Delhi.
- The meeting saw the participation of Chief Ministers and Lieutenant Governors representing 19 states and 6 union territories.
- In his address, Prime Minister Modi underscored the importance of collaborative efforts between the central government, states, and union territories to realize the aspirations of the people and transform India into a developed nation by 2047
Sudarshan Shakti Exercise 2023: Enhancing India’s Defense Capabilities
- The Sapta Shakti Command of the Indian Army recently conducted the highly anticipated exercise ‘Sudarshan Shakti 2023’along the western borders in Rajasthan and Punjab.
- The exercise aimed to transform the forces into a modern, lean, and agile fighting combination capable of leveraging new-age technologies.
- With a focus on operational planning in a network-centric environment, this exercise validated the Indian Army’s combat power, combat support, and logistic support capabilities
India Secured Approval to Set Up Second Hydropower Project in Nepal
- Nepal has decided to allow India’sSatluj Jal Vidyut Nigam(SJVN) Limited to develop a second hydropower project in the country.
- At present SJVN is developing a 900-MW Arun -III hydroelectric project, a run-of-river located on the Arun River in Eastern Nepal, scheduled to be completed in 2024.
- A meeting of the Investment Board Nepal (IBN) chaired by Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal aka Prachanda approved the draft project development agreement (PDA) to be signed with India’s state-owned SJVN to develop the 669-megawatt (MW) Lower Arun Hydropower project in eastern Nepal
IIFA Awards 2023 Announced: Check The Complete List Of Winners
- The 23rd seasonof the International Indian Film Academy Awards,also known as IIFA, has made its return. Produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.,
- this annual award ceremony recognizes outstanding contributions in the Bollywood film industry, including films, stars, filmmakers, and technicians.
- Since its establishment in 2000, the IIFA awards have been held in different countries worldwide.
- The inaugural ceremony took place on June 24, 2000, at the Millennium Dome in London, and the 22nd edition was held in Abu Dhabi, UAE
R Madhavan for Rocketry: The Nambi Effect
Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female)
Alia Bhatt for Gangubai Kathiawadi
Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male)
Hrithik Roshan for Vikram Vedha
Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female)
Mouni Roy for Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva
Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male)
Anil Kapoor for Jugg Jugg Jeeyo
Outstanding Achievement for Fashion in Cinema
Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema
Best Adapted Story
Aamil Keeyan Khan and Abhishek Pathak for Drishyam 2
Best Original Story
Perveez Sheikh and Jasmeet Reen for Darlings
Outstanding Achievement in Regional Cinema
Marathi film Ved directed by Riteish Deshmukh
Best Debut (Male)
Shantanu Maheshwari for Gangubai Kathiawadi and Babil Khan for Qala
Best Debut (Female)
Khushali Kumar for Dhoka Around the Corner
Best Playback Singer (Female)
Shreya Ghoshal for the song Rasiya from Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva
Best Playback Singer (Male)
Arijit Singh for the song Kesariya from Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva
Best Music Direction
Pritam for Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva
Amitabh Bhattacharya for the song Kesariya from Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva
Best Choreography for title track
Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2
Best Sound Design
Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2
Best Special Effects (Visual)
Brahmastra: Part one – Shiva
Best Background Score
Best Sound Mixing
Monica O My Darling
Ambati Rayudu Announces IPL Retirement Ahead of CSK vs GT Finals
- Ambati Rayudu,the Chennai Super Kings’ star batter, announced his retirement from the Indian Premier League, confirming that the final of the 2023 edition against Gujarat Titans will be his last match in the tournament.
- Ambati Rayudu has been part of the Chennai Super Kings since 2018, and won two titles with the franchise; he had begun his IPL career with Mumbai Indians in 2010
Max Verstappen wins Monaco Grand Prix 2023
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappenwon the 2023 Monaco Grand Prix,leading all 78 laps from pole position.
- The victory was Verstappen’s fourth of the season and extended his lead in the Drivers’ Championship to 39 points.
- The race was held in wet conditions, and Verstappen made the most of it, starting well and pulling away from the rest of the field.
- He never looked back, and cruised to victory. Fernando Alonso finished second, with Esteban Ocon in third.
- Charles Leclerc retired from the race after a collision with Carlos Sainz
International Day of UN Peacekeepers 2023 observed on 29th May
- The International Day of UN Peacekeepersis observed annually on May 29th.
- It is a day dedicated to honoring the contributions and sacrifices of United Nations (UN) peacekeepers in maintaining peace and security around the world.
- The day also serves as a tribute to those who have lost their lives in the line of duty