Daily Current Affairs for 05 June 2023
What is Railway kavach system? Automatic Train Protection System
- The Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO)collaborated with three Indian vendors to create Kavach, which assists locomotive pilots in avoiding Signal Passing At Danger (SPAD)and over speeding, while also aiding train operation during adverse weather conditions such as dense fog.
- By automatically applying brakes when necessary, Kavach ensures better control of train speed and prevents potential accidents
National Food Safety & Standards Training Centre Inaugurated by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya
- During the inauguration of the National Training Centre for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Mansukh Mandaviyastated the importance of citizens’ health in the country’s development.
- He emphasized the need for Swasth Nagrik to create a Swastha Rashtra, leading to a Samruddha Rashtra, and urged citizens to adopt India’s traditional food habits and way of life for wellness and preventive healthcare.
Gender-inclusive tourism policy ‘Aai’ gets Maharashtra cabinet approval
- The Maharashtra state cabinetapproved the implementation of the gender-inclusive tourism policy called “Aai”in an effort to empower women in the tourism industry.
- The policy will be implemented through the Directorate of Tourism (DoT) and Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC)
Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF): Empowering India in Times of Crisis
- The Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF)stands as a beacon of hope and assistance for the people of India in times of national emergencies and calamities.
- Established in 1948, the PMNRFserves as a robust platform to mobilize resources and provide immediate relief to those affected by natural disasters, accidents, and other unforeseen tragedies.
- This article delves into the significance, structure, and impact of the PMNRF, shedding light on its noble mission of aiding and uplifting the nation
GST Revenue Collection for May Up 12% YoY at Rs 1.57 Lakh Crore
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenuecollection for May has witnessed a significant increase, marking the 15th consecutive month that the monthly collection has exceeded the Rs 1.4-lakh-crore milestone.
- Despite a slight dip from April’s record-breaking collection of Rs 1.87 lakh crore, the Ministry of Finance announced that the GST revenuefor May stood at Rs 1.57 lakh crore.
- This article delves into the details of the latest GST collection figures, compares them with the previous year, and provides insights into the economic performance across states
India Defeat Pakistan To Become Hockey Junior Asia Cup Champions
- The Indian junior men’s hockey teammaintained its continental supremacy by beating arch-rivals Pakistan 2-1to become Asia Cup champions in Salalah, Oman.
- Angad Bir Singh struck in the 13th minute and Araijeet Singh Hundal in the 20th for India, while Pakistan managed to pull one back with Abdul Basharat scoring in the 37th minute.
- This was India’s fourth title having been crowned champions on three previous occasions in 2004, 2008 and 2015.
- Meanwhile, Pakistan has won the tournament in 1987, 1992 and 1996
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2023
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression,observed every year on June 4,brings attention to children who experience various forms of aggression.
- It serves as a solemn reminder of the suffering endured by countless children globally, regardless of the specific type of abuse they endure.
- This day underscores the significance of offering support and protection to these children, reflecting the United Nations’ commitment to safeguarding children’s rights.
- By raising awareness about the difficulties faced by these vulnerable individuals, the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression calls upon individuals, communities, and nations to come together and take action to create a safer and more nurturing environment for children worldwide
World Environment Day 2023: History, Theme, Poster, Significance And Slogan
- World Environment Dayis celebrated on June 5every year to raise awareness and encourage action for the protection of our planet.
- It was first established by the United Nations General Assemblyin 1972, and since then, over 150 countriesparticipate in various activities to celebrate this day.
- World Environment Day is an important day to raise awareness and encourage action for the protection of our planet.