Context: Forty-three new implementing partners were recently empanelled under SAMARTH scheme additional training target of 75,000 beneficiaries Scheme for Capacity Building in Textiles Sector
- SAMARTH is a demand driven and placement-oriented umbrella skilling programme in the textile sector.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Textiles.
- Implementation period: Till March 2024.
- Policy design: The scheme was formulated under the broad skilling policy framework adopted by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- To incentivize and supplement the efforts of the industry in creating jobs in the organized textile and related sectors, covering the entire value chain of textiles, excluding spinning and weaving.
- To rationalize the training programme and course curriculum considering the technological and market demand of the domestic and international economies.
- To provide entry level skilling, upskilling/ reskilling programme has also been programs
- To improve the productivity of the existing workers in Apparel & Garmenting segments including handloom, handicraft, technical textiles, silk and jute.
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Training of Trainers
- Dedicated call center with helpline number, mobile app
- Web based Management Information System (MIS)
- Third party assessment trainees and QR code enabled e-certificate
- Employment linkage is mandated in the courses under organized textile sector with mandatory placement 70% in entry level & 90% for Upskilling programmes